FOR SAFETY AND PRODUCTIVITY: KNIFE KNOW-HOW
- The anatomy of a knife. // Housewares;Sep2001, Issue 160, p24
Focuses on the structure of knives. Types of kitchen knives; Importance of knife handle; Blade lengths of the different types of knives. INSETS: Types of kitchen knife;Knife care.
- Choice Cuts. Edwards, Allison // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2010 Menu Guide, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p7
Photographs of several knives used in the kitchen by various chefs including Viking cheese knife, Suisin sushi knife, and Shun nakiri knife are presented.
- How to choose kitchen knives. // Consumer Reports;Aug93, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p511
Offers an evaluation of kitchen knives. The basic four knives including chef's, slicing, utility and paring; Design and workmanship; Blade material; Forming the blade; Handles; Taper, flat and hollow grind; Fine-edged, serrated and scalloped knives; How to sharpen knives; Care of knives;...
- the BEST! for the kitchen. // House Beautiful;Nov2011, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p150
Several photographs depicting objects of kitchen designing and kitchen accessories are presented, including doormat, ramekins, and knife set.
- Cutting Edge. Chipley, Abigail // Vegetarian Times;Apr2001, Issue 284, p14
Presents information on the Kyocera ceramic cooking knife.
- KEEPING ON THE CUTTING EDGE. Ward, Travis Neighbor // House Beautiful;Oct2000, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p174
Suggests tips for the maintenance of kitchen knives.
- knife knowledge. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p59
Offers tips on the proper use and maintenance of kitchen knives. Food cutting techniques; Knife sharpening methods; Knife care. INSETS: sharpening sense;knife care.
- FORMAGGI ACCESSORI. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Apr2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
A list of accessories for a cheese meal is presented which includes wooden cheese board and Gorgonzola knife from Entoca Sileno and Boska Holland mini cheese wire from Formaggi Ocello.
- DESIGN CHOICE/GLOBAL KNIVES. Felton, Roger // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p13
Describes the design of kitchen knives manufactured by Global. Design of the first Global knives in 1985 by Komin Yamada; Easy-to-handle qualities and hygienic design of the knives; Ability to fit in with very diverse kitchen styles.
- Sharp Looks for Knife Storage. Provenzano, Gina // Bon Appetit;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p38
Recommends several knife racks and storage. Magnetic knife bar from Ironwood Gourmet; Knife block and set by Daniel Boulud; Knife tray from J.A. Hanckels.