Today's top five duos
- MEALTIME COMBOS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p75
Reports the availability of soups and sandwich meals in schools in the United States. Importance of freshness in school sandwich programs; Move of the University of South California in Los Angeles to install Bistro Soups bar in the school; Reasons for the popularity of soups and sandwiches in...
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.
- A 'souper' comfort food. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p62
Reports on the popularity of soups in the menu of schools across the U.S. Variety of soups offered at the Newtown Public Schools; Influence of weather on soup demand at the Lynn Public Schools; Range of ingredients used in the soup offering of Fairport Central Schools.
- School Adds Subway Concept. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Kecoughtan High School in Hampton City, Virginia has opened a Subway food service concept station. Julia Bryant, director of food and nutrition services, says she has decided to put the Subway in because of customer suggestions. Bryant adds that the Subway sandwiches fit...
- Staples of the student diet. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p76
Focuses on the popularity of soups and sandwiches among students in the United States. Information on the sandwiches provided at the Ferris Booth Commons cafeteria in Columbia University, New York; Popularity of wrap sandwiches at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island;...
- School District Dishes Up Sushi. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article deals with the addition of sushi to the Ã la carte menu at the high schools of Jeffco Public Schools in Golden, Colorado.
- Brevard schools self-fund renov. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the opening of the Westshore Junior/Senior High School in Brevard County, Florida. Features of the school's renovated foodcourt; Meal options.
- IN CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOLS: PRE-WRAPS SPEEDING SERVICE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of two high schools in Cleveland, Ohio to set up stations that will offer pre-wrapped food products. Expected benefits of the food stations; Details on the food products to be served.