- Today's top five duos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Deals with several popular soups and sandwiches in schools in the United States. Daily favorite sandwiches and soups in secondary schools in Chicopee, Massachusetts; Popular soups and sandwiches in elementary schools; Creation of sandwiches by schools in Anchorage, Arkansas.
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.
- A 'souper' comfort food. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p62
Reports on the popularity of soups in the menu of schools across the U.S. Variety of soups offered at the Newtown Public Schools; Influence of weather on soup demand at the Lynn Public Schools; Range of ingredients used in the soup offering of Fairport Central Schools.
- Staples of the student diet. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p76
Focuses on the popularity of soups and sandwiches among students in the United States. Information on the sandwiches provided at the Ferris Booth Commons cafeteria in Columbia University, New York; Popularity of wrap sandwiches at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island;...
- TO BOOST `SPECIAL SALES': SC schools serving branded chicken. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Greenville City School District in South Carolina created its own branded chicken filet sandwich to increase high school Special Sales revenues. Ingredients of the CluxDelux chicken filet sandwich; Features of the CluxDelux Meal Deal; Details on the success of the CluxDelux.
- Ethnic specialties rule. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Describes the popularity of deli sandwiches and salads in schools in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage of students at Kent Place School in Summit, New Jersey who will choose items from the deli bar; Recipe for Thousand Island Dressing from Kent Place; Price for a regular deli sandwich at...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- Ethnic varieties heat up. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p100
Focuses on the soups and stews offered at schools by food service operators in the United States. Soup selection for various races at Perkiomen School in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania; Offer of two soups daily at Lynn Vocational Technical Institute in Massachusetts; Recipe for cabbage soup at...