IN 2000: Pay's up 2.9% 30-40 yr.-olds set the pace
- Talks on hiking minimum wage heat up in D.C. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the possibility that the President Bill Clinton administration will implement a $1 wage hike in the foodservice industry. Observer speculations; Effect on foodservice workers.
- Without sacrificing jobs': New push underway to raise min. wage... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the need for wage hike among foodservice industry minimum wage workers in the United States as suggested by Labor Secretary Alexis M. Herman. Basis of Herman's suggestion; Legislations to increase the Federal minimum wage rate.
- AN $8 'ANTI-POVERTY' WAGE: Foodservice faces new drive to raise the minimum wage. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the challenges faced by the U.S. food service industry on the drive to raise the minimum wages. Opposition of the National Restaurant Association on the changes; Purpose of the wage increase; Results of the public opinion poll on the wage increase.
- EQUAL PAY ENFORCEMENT: Congress seeks wage awareness. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the Wage Awareness Protection Act that would provide food service workers with protection against the employer retaliation for discussing income information with others in the United States. Sponsor of the legislation; Aim of the legislation.
- See f/s salary caps ahead. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the effect of the proposed Income Equity Act, 1999 on the salaries of top food service industry executives in the United States. Tax deductions for executive compensation; Effects of the bill on organizations with minimum-wage workers.
- ON CAMPUS: 36% expect to move up the promo ladder. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p48
Predicts that more college foodservice operators in the United States are expected to be promoted in the year 2005. Salary for college operators for the year 2000; Labor problems of the operators in the country; Importance of sanitation standards in the industry.
- Bringing home less bacon. Coeyman, Marjorie; Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;7/20/96, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the growth of salaries of food service executives in the United States for 1995. Result of the survey of the `Restaurant Business' magazine; Growth of salaries compared to that of 1994; Top ten salaries.
- MarketCapsule: SALARIES UP JUST 2.9% THIS YEAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the average salary increase of non-commercial food service managers in the United States in year 2000. Average increases received by the people in the country.
- Washington state OKs pay hike. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Reports on an increase in wage rates in Washington state for food service workers approved by voters during the fall 1998 election. Hourly wages in 1999 and 2000.