VIEWPOINT: A 'BLAST' FROM THE PAST
- International foodservice equipment trends put in focus. Lindsey, Kelly // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p24
Discusses international growth potentials in foodservice equipment pertaining to the refrigeration industry. Description of the European market for foodservice equipment; Competition from European firms as potential barrier to north American expansion; Growth of tourism in the Asia/Pacific...
- True or false? Gullon, Monica // Shape;Jan2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p113
Suggests that before refrigerating hot foods, one should leave them out to cool first.
- MINOR CATASTROPHE NO. 243. // Esquire;Jun2008, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p54
The article offers step-by-step instructions on how to pack a cooler to keep everything cold.
- Research and New Products Guiding Food Service Sector. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/8/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p17
The article offers information on the white paper titled "Fresh Thinking: Buying the Right Refrigerator," released by Traulsen and the patent-pending CoilPodâ„¢ dust containment bag from Polaris Vending Inc.
- Engineers focus on different ways to keep food products refrigerated. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/07/96, Vol. 199 Issue 6, p3
Reports on research papers presented at the Purdue University Compressor Engineering and Refrigeration conferences in West Lafayette, Indiana which focused on different ways to keep food products cool or frozen. Possible use of ammonia, brine, glycol and carbon dioxide as refrigeration systems;...
- System Tracks Food From Farm to Consumer. Norland, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/5/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the refrigeration services for frozen food in Plano, Texas. Role of refrigeration service contractors; Viability of the TempAssure approach; Uniqueness of individual contractors; Advantages for refrigeration contractors. INSET: Another Way to Monitor Cold Cargoes En Route.
- The Task: Finding Refrigeration Amidst the Food. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/5/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p27
Comments on food and refrigeration trade in the United States. Evaluates innovations in refrigeration amidst a lot of food; Trade shows in the refrigeration sector; Focus of shows on equipment and innovative technology in refrigeration.
- THE COLD FACTS ABOUT BLAST CHILLERS. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2002, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p80
Deals with the benefits of using blast chillers in maintaining food quality in the U.S. food service industry. Role of rapid chilling in preventing food deterioration; Importance of food safety in the use of the chillers; Efforts of equipment manufacturers to create equipment models for smaller...
- Chill factor. Hogan, Mary Kate // Boating;Jan1998, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p60
Presents Whistler's 12 volt cooler/warmer that can chill sandwiches and sodas or keep coffee and soup hot. How to use the cooler/warmer; Remarks of Whistler about the device's temperature locking system; Price of the device.