COVERING THE ESSENTIALS: CANTEEN/CIA TRAIN INMATES
- Canteen Correctional Services inks first national deal with Cornell Corrections. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p20
Reports on Canteen Correctional Services' appointment as provider of cafeteria and commissary services for Cornell Corrections in Houston, Texas. Details of the contract.
- Kansas City BBQ Is a Hit With Congress Attendees. // Corrections Today;Oct2007, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p89
The article reports on the Kansas City BBQ at the 137th Congress of Correction held in Kansas City, Missouri from August 10 to 15, 2007. On August 12, 2007, Congress attendees feasted on an array of delicious barbecue (BBQ) delights to kick off a week of workshops, sessions, facility tours and...
- Here comes the sun: Menus shine with hot-weather cuisine. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p46
Highlights the fourth annual Worlds of Flavor Conference in Saint Helena, California. Primary topic; Role of the Culinary Institute of America Greystone; Speech on the difference between European cuisines.
- The other CIA. Hauser, Nao // Bon Appetit;Sep94, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p28
Features the Culinary Institute of America and its training of chefs in the United States. Growth in the basic enrollment; Focus on basic culinary skills; Classes; Remarks by school president Ferdinand E. Metz.
- CIA hosts Bocuse d'Or at Greystone campus. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p236
Reports on the holding of the 1998 Bocuse d'Or World Cuisine Contest at the Culinary Institute of America in napa Valley, California. Founding of the contest for Paul Bocuse; Judges and sponsors of the contest; Holding of the United States finals in May 1998 during the National Restaurant...
- Greystone to host Bocuse d'Or semis. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p63
Reports on the Culinary Institute of America's hosting of the West Coast Regional semifinal of the 1996 Bocuse d'Or U.S.A. on September 22, 1996.
- Come cook with us! // Country Living;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p25
Announces the Country Living Culinary Event held on October 24, 1998 at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in Napa Valley, California. Details on the event.
- Confessions of a pioneer. Stone, Arnie // National Provisioner;Aug2003, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p72
Relates the experiences of the author while sent to the Certified Culinary Sales Program developed by the Culinary Institute of America. Description of the intensive class work and testing; Details of the length of orientation conducted in the program; Conduction of detailed kitchen audit...
- Greystone: Marzipan and the grapes. Michaelides, Stephen // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov95, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p128
Focuses on the New York City-based Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Institute's opening of a branch in Saint Helena, California; High prestige of CIA's culinary education; Allegations on the arrogance of CIA graduates.