ARENAS AND STADIUMS: VSA expands in east arenas
- Bridgeport Arena will be 'spectator parlor' Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 51, p10
Reports on Volume Services America Inc.'s marketing of 42 suites in Bridgeport Arena. Schedule of completion of the arena; Amenities offered; Range price of the suites.
- A `double play' for VSA. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Volume Services America has been awarded with the food and beverage contract for both the Louisiana Superdome and the New Orleans Arena. Overview of each contract; Features of both stadiums.
- Ogden, Volume services merge. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Ogden Corp. Entertainment Group's agreement to acquire Volume Services America Inc. and to form the entity Ogden VSA.
- VSA for Denver Broncos in '01. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the concessionaire and suit caterer that was named by the Denver, Colorado, Metropolitan Football Stadium District for the stadium that will host the Denver Broncos football team fans in 2001. Number of concession stands that will be opened at the stadium; Amount Volume Services...
- Competitor won't gobble up arena supplier. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p13
Reports that Ogden Entertainment, a division of Ogden Corp., would not buy Volume Services America Inc., the Van Andel Arena's food and beverage supplier. Reason of Ogden for revoking its acquisition agreement with Volume Services America; Estimated price of the discontinued acquisition.
- NEARLY A DOZEN ON ISLANDS: VSA lands Luau, Aloha Bowl. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on Volume Services America, the entertainment and sports event food service provider in Hawaii. Details on the venues served by the company, such as the Paradise Cove Luau; Catering brands of Volume Services.
- A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT: VSA LAUNCHES FACILITIES DIV. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p24
Announces the launch of the facility management division of Volume Services America. Appointment of Dan Smith by Volume; Smith's goals to the division; Advantages of offering facility management.
- 100 EMPLOYEES SINCE 1999: VSA training at U.-Fla. conts. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the management seminar held by Volume Services America for its food service workers. Estimated number of employees who graduated from the program; Topics covered by the professors; Coverage of the training program.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p20
Presents updates related to food service in the United States as of February 20001. Recipient of the US Department of Agriculture Pyramid of Excellence Award; Provision of food service to Aloha Stadium and Paradise Cove Luau by Volume Services America Inc.; Retirement of Jim Hodgkins, a dining...