GPOs MEMBERSHIP FROM 1996 TO 1999
- Rewarding leadership: The ACHCA Annual Award. Pick, Eli; Sheridan, John // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Feb2008, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p30
The article offers information on the Administrator Leadership Recognition, an award launched by the American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA) at its 2007 annual convocation held in Charlotte, North Carolina. The award was established in an effort to recognize, honor and showcase...
- Tempered hikes in pay for LTC managers: Admin pay rises to $91,106; DON wages increase to $79,169. Bakshis, Brett // McKnight's Assisted Living;Feb2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses the results of the surveys included in the 2010-2011 Nursing Home Salary & Benefits Report which examine the salary of long-term care (LTC) managers in the U.S. Surveys reveal that many positions in nursing home management obtained smaller increases than in previous years....
- State long-term care reform: Development of community care systems in six states. // Aging;1990, Issue 361, p68
Reports on `State Long-Term Care Reform: Development of Community Care Systems in Six States,' which compares and analyzes the approaches to community-based, long-term care, available from National Governors Association.
- Assuring the quality of in-home supporting services: A consumer perspective. Woodruff, Lisa; Applebaum, Robert // Journal of Aging Studies;Summer96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p157
Analyzes care recipients' insights on the quality of in-home supportive services. Dependency autonomy; Consumer-worker relationship; Social environment; Implications.
- Cross national study of perceived service quality in long-term care facilities. Duffy, Jo Ann; Duffy, Michael; Kilbourne, William // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p327
Presents a cross national study of long-term care facilities in United Kingdom and United States. Number of nursing home facilities examined in the study; Methodology used in the study; Investigation of similarities and differences in their evaluation of service quality; Results of the study.
- Osborn Pavilion offers unique method of long-term health care. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p19
Profiles the long-term health care facility Osborn Pavilion in Westchester County, New York. Grouping of people with similar diagnoses; Exclusive acceptance of private insurance.
- Lessons from computerizing a facility. Hoganson, Jerry L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
Discusses how to implement clinical computer systems in long term-care facilities to cope with increased demand for additional data, different forms of data, greater staff efficiency and ready access to data. Assessment of organizational need; Selection of appropriate computer hardware;...
- Tips for respiratory services success. Hyatt, Laura // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct96, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p10
Offers tips on how post-acute facilities can institute a respiratory or ventilator program. Need for board-certified pulmonologist as the medical director; Environmental issues such as convenient location, temperature control, power and space availability to accommodate the necessary equipment.
- Smart marketing pays. MOLLOY, GEORGE E. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct98, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p82
Advises on how to market long-term care facilities. Misconceptions about changing a facility's name; Criticism on the `good enough' attitude on marketing; Importance of marketing to the right people.