FOR 14 MILLION WORKERS: NRA seeks immigration reform
- Immigration. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p42
The article reports that restaurateurs and food service associations are supporting the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013. The National Restaurant Association and the International Franchise Association believe that immigration reform is crucial not...
- Industry reps say `yea' to gov't stand on aliens. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;4/1/96, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports on foodservice industry representatives praise for Congress for passing the immigration reform bill. Efforts to stem illegal immigration through increased border patrols; Deletion of provision on caps for number of legal immigrants entering the country.
- Immigration. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;9/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p122
Reports on developments relevant to immigration policies in the U.S. compiled as of September 2002. Immigration procedures; Impact on the food service industry; Implications for national security and anti-terrorism policies.
- A second look. Coeyman, Marjorie // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p30
Reports that the National Restaurant Association's educational arm is conducting a study on how the industry is perceived by the public. Release of an image assessment in 1996.
- Help Demanded? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;04/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the self-service beverage bars of fast-food operators in the United States. Results of a survey conducted by the National Restaurant Association; Mode of service that will be adopted by fast-food specialists.
- Benefits of EFR go beyond automation, panel says. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;06/08/98, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p84
Highlights the seminar entitled `Efficient Foodservice Response: A Primer,' which was held during the National Restaurant Association's 79th Annual Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Role of Efficient Foodservice Response (EFR) as a productivity enhancer; EFR's capability to help...
- Operators have to do their homework when requesting proposals. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;06/14/99, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p92
Focuses on the need for food service operators in the United States to prepare their proposal requests according to the Best Practices technology seminar at the 1999 National Restaurant Association's (NRA) Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Case examples cited by panelists.
- Heroes. // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr99, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p22
Provides information on several events in the foodservice industry in the United States as of April 1999. Details on the National Groundhog Shadow Day; Fund raised by the Kings Family Restaurants, based in McKeesport, Pennsylvania for the Make-A-Wish Foundation; Restaurant that received the...
- NRA: Industry sales rate to slow in '95. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;11/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the projections of the National Restaurant Association for sales of the food service industry for 1995. Distribution among full-service, institutional and fast-food restaurants; Statistics for real sales terms; Menu prices; Factors contributing to the trends.