NO SURPRISE: B'FAST PILOT SUCCEEDING, USDA PONDERS WORTH
- Rise and shine. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p52
Provides information on the meal service being offered by universities and colleges in the U.S. for breakfast. Foods that are usually served during breakfast; Mexican foods that are popular for breakfast; Hot breakfast items popular during weekends.
- Free breakfasts boost fl school-counts 30%. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p10
Reports that the Blast Off with Breakfast program, offering free breakfasts to Hillsborough County, Florida, elementary schoolchildren and teachers, has been so successful in its first year that officials hope to offer the once-a-week program daily. What the program is; Preparations of the...
- HANDHELD THE KEY: PHILLY BREAKFAST RISES. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the expected increase in breakfast participation at the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania in the 2002-2003 school year. Number of feeding sites that will begin the semester offering grab-and-go meals; Examples of food served.
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- School breakfast wakes up. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the incentives offered by the food service team of Chicago Public Schools' Ruggles Elementary in Chicago, Illinois, to increase student participants in its breakfast program. Estimated number of children who are receiving free meals; Breakfast menu of the program.
- REPORTS FROM ASFSA IN MINNEAPOLIS: SCHOOL BREAKFAST ON-THE-RISE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on an increase in the number of school breakfast programs in the U.S., as discussed during the American School Food Service Association conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2002. Information on the free breakfast provided by elementary schools in Minnesota; Details on the school...
- Aramark Intros K-12 Breakfast Program. // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the new K-12 breakfast program "AMP Up with Breakfast" introduced by Aramark in the U.S. According to the author, the program offers an easy-to-implement breakfast delivery options for classrooms, cafeterias, and/or portable stations, focusing on convenience. It features...
- ASFSA lobbies for breakfast. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
States that the main focus of the American's School Food Service Association's Legislative Action Conference in Washington, will be the expansion of the Federally sponsored school breakfast program. Information on the keynote speakers; Comments from Doctor Allen Meyers, Boston Medical Center...