TO DAILY MENU: Towson Univ. heightens control of kosher foods
- TWO YEARS, $900K LATER: Towson moves foodcourt, as weekly sales quadruple. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the increase in weekly sales of Newell Den at Towson University in Maryland since it reopened in March 2000. Cost of the renovation of the foodcourt; Features of the foodcourt; Hours of operation of the foodcourt.
- Leader: Colleges outpace all segments as c-store operator. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p51
Highlights the convenience store development at college campuses in the United States. Amount of money generated by the Bowling Green State University in Ohio from its two outlets of stores; Big food item sellers at the stores in Towson University in Maryland; List of findings from a...
- Gotcha! Utz, Thomas E. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Nov93, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p17
Features the Gotcha Program by the Towson State University Police Department in Maryland. Polices' campus search for security or safety violations; Gotcha cards; Testing of university community's security awareness by attempting to get faculty and students to give them access to restricted or...
- Analyzing and Communicating Scientific Information. Mangurian, Luz; Feldman, Susannah; Clements, James; Boucher, Laurence // Journal of College Science Teaching;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p440
Describes the Towson Transition Course offered at Towson University in Maryland, aimed to prepare students on how to analyze and communicate scientific information. Objective of the course; Activities and teaching approaches used within the curriculum; Reasons for its success.
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE EDUCATIONAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE COLLEGE IN ESCROW PROGRAM. Raval, Bina D. // Education;Fall79, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p20
Assesses the educational and administrative effectiveness of the College in Escrow Program of the Towson State University in Towson, Maryland. Strengths and weaknesses of the program; Types of courses offered; Number of courses taken in Escrow; Cumulative grade point averages of the students.
- Rare Maryland High-Yield Deal Sells Well in Spite of Criticism. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p1
Reports that the Maryland Economic Development Corp. has sold $18 million of student housing revenue bonds on behalf of Towson State University. Market criticisms faced by the deal; Structure of the bonds.
- Third American Single Reed Workshop. Palanker, Edward // Clarinet;Spring1978, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the highlights of the Third American Single Reed Workshop that was held at Towson State University on January 19-22, 1978. One hundred and twenty registered guests attended the workshop. James Houlik started the afternoon with his master class on saxophone, talking about...
- Towson State. Frisina, Kati // 21st Century;Mar1999, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
The article reviews Towson State University in Townson, Maryland. According to the author, the school is very large and spread out, and the housing seems a bit run down. High-rise apartments are also available with suites for up to six people, as well as standard college dormitories. A newly...
- Towson University to Launch First AuD Program in Maryland. // ASHA Leader;02/01/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the launching of the Doctor of Audiology program by Towson University in Maryland. Length of completion of the course; Approval from the Maryland Higher Education Commission; Optional feature of the program; Strengths of the program.