MarketCapsule: HOW F/S PAY STACKS UP TODAY
- LOOKING UP: MONEY MATTERS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the need for salary increase in the food service industry in the United States. Growth of dissatisfaction among workers in the industry; Issues related to the compensation of foodservice workers; Reasons for the need of salary increase in the industry.
- Talks on hiking minimum wage heat up in D.C. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the possibility that the President Bill Clinton administration will implement a $1 wage hike in the foodservice industry. Observer speculations; Effect on foodservice workers.
- AN $8 'ANTI-POVERTY' WAGE: Foodservice faces new drive to raise the minimum wage. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the challenges faced by the U.S. food service industry on the drive to raise the minimum wages. Opposition of the National Restaurant Association on the changes; Purpose of the wage increase; Results of the public opinion poll on the wage increase.
- IN 2000: Pay's up 2.9% 30-40 yr.-olds set the pace. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the compensation of operators in the non-commercial foodservice industry in the United States for the year 2000. Trends of payment for men and women in the industry; Payments for school operators in the Far West region of the country; Forecast on operators in the industry for the year...
- Without sacrificing jobs': New push underway to raise min. wage... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the need for wage hike among foodservice industry minimum wage workers in the United States as suggested by Labor Secretary Alexis M. Herman. Basis of Herman's suggestion; Legislations to increase the Federal minimum wage rate.
- Cafeteria renaissance. Chalmers, Irena // Chef Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p22
In this article the author discusses the rise of job opportunities in the foodservice industry in the U.S. She notes that there were improvements in the foodservice industry such as the bright colors and attractive dining areas, foods cooked in small batches to order, innovative salad bars,...
- EQUAL PAY ENFORCEMENT: Congress seeks wage awareness. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the Wage Awareness Protection Act that would provide food service workers with protection against the employer retaliation for discussing income information with others in the United States. Sponsor of the legislation; Aim of the legislation.
- ON CAMPUS: 36% expect to move up the promo ladder. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p48
Predicts that more college foodservice operators in the United States are expected to be promoted in the year 2005. Salary for college operators for the year 2000; Labor problems of the operators in the country; Importance of sanitation standards in the industry.
- See f/s salary caps ahead. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the effect of the proposed Income Equity Act, 1999 on the salaries of top food service industry executives in the United States. Tax deductions for executive compensation; Effects of the bill on organizations with minimum-wage workers.