JUST OUTSIDE PITTSBURGH: Debit card tracks sales & inventory
- 2011 POS AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS BUYERS GUIDE. // StateWays;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p42
The article offers information on 2011 Point-of-Sale (POS) and computer systems products which include AccuPOS family of POS products, SellWise, a store-management system from CAP Software and Cashier Live, a web-based point-of-sale system for independent retailers.
- New Ideal 8.3. // Power Equipment Trade;Mar2013, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
The article offers information on Ideal 8.3 point of sale system from Ideal Computer Systems Inc.
- The Point of Point-of-Sale Systems. Kaschyk, Howard // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2001, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the cost effectiveness of the point-of-sale (POS) computer system in the United States. Benefits of a POS system on the dry cleaning industry; Requirements for the selection of a business computer systems; Pricing and inventory functions of a POS system.
- Mobile P-O-S will enhance store service. // Chain Drug Review;4/28/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p113
The article focuses on a survey by Infogroup Targeting Solutions and Retail Touchpoints, provider of marketing and business data, that retailers using mobile point-of-sale technology will triple by end of 2018, as it allow retail staffs to complete transactions from anywhere in the store.
- POS empowers NJ kids, parents. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16
The article considers the conversion of Cherry Hill School District in New Jersey to a computerized point-of-sale system as of February 2006. More students who qualify for free or reduced-priced meals in the school district are participating in lunch, while parents are enjoying more control...
- MORE SCHOOLS ADDING PLASTIC PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR SCHOOL LUNCHES. // CardLine;12/28/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 52, p17
The article reports on the increase in the number of U.S. school districts that are adding debit and credit payments for school lunches, according to Red Gillen, senior analyst of Celent LLC. Many cafeteria point-of-sale systems accept cash or funds from students' prepaid meal accounts. Parents...
- Red Run Grill project lets diners manage food-ordering process. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/14/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p103
Focuses on Red Run Grill restaurant's computer experiment that allows diners to manage the food ordering process in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania. Restaurant's use of customer-activated point-of-sale terminals; Owner Bob Curley's incorporation of user interface and functions on in-restaurant...
- ISS GROUP SELECTS MICROS RES 3000 SOLUTION. // Computer Workstations;Jul2006, p8
The article reports that ISS Group has chosen to standardize its point-of-sale solutions for its catering services enterprise-wide using MICROS RES 3000. It includes the MICROS 3700 POS, Enterprise Management, mymicros.net, myinventory, and iCare, all running on the MICROS Workstation 4 and...
- Going the POS Route. Schwartz, Meredith // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov2005, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the introduction of point-of-sale (POS) systems to small retailers in the U.S. Factors contributing to the trend; Statement of Microsoft Corp. Business Solutions director Mike Dickstein on the implication of the trend to the software market; Capacity of Intuit Inc.'s POS for small...