SMALL SERVERY, BIG SALES: New cafe is friend of the court
- New courthouse plans put landmarks on market. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p26
Reports that the Greater London Magistrates' Court Authority is seeking a development partner to provide a single central courthouse in London, England in 2003. Number of courtrooms planned for the London courthouse; Features of the existing Marylebone site.
- Courthouse funding finalized. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/96, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the planned construction of a federal courthouse in Central Islip in Long Island, New York State. Total area; Planned consolidation of 1,300 employees from courts and federal agencies at three sites in Nassau and Suffolk counties; Awarding of the construction contract to Turner...
- County seeks new court space. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p8
Reports on New York-based Westchester County's search for a space for its new court building. County's drafting of a formal request-for-proposals (RFP) for the court space; Areas being considered by county officials; Background on county's privatization of some of its services.
- New courthouse adds to influx. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;9/09/96, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the opening of the federal court branch in White Plains, Westchester County, New York. Area of courthouse; Dedication of building in November 1995; Number of courtrooms; Attraction of law firms to the vicinity.
- Retrofit to save federal center 208,755 Kwh, 2,337 million btu/yr. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Feb97, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Reports on a window film retrofit project at the Byrne Courthouse Complex in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Projected energy costs savings from the project; Estimated cost of the project; Sun-Lite Corp.'s installation of the film.
- Clinton signs bill funding Tucson federal courthouse; Site unknown. Strange, Julia // Inside Tucson Business;7/31/95, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p1
Reports on President Bill Clinton's signing of a bill that provides for the funding of federal courthouse in Tucson, Arizona. Administration of funds by the Arizona's General Services Administration; Comments from City Council officials; Concerns over security in the courthouse; Expected cost...
- Parking dilemma demands planning. // Inside Tucson Business;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the need for careful planning in building the planned huge federal courthouse building in downtown Tucson, Arizona so as not to create traffic congestion.
- Why are so many temples of justice dilapidated? Zobel, Hiller B. // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 186, p18
Opinion. Discusses the conditions of courthouses in the United States. Reason for the lack of interest in maintaining courthouses; Impact of the court's condition on the attitude of people entering the building.
- Courthouse contract due this week. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;05/12/97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expected contract signing for the proposed Evo. A DeConcini Federal Courthouse in Tucson, Arizona. Estimated cost of the project; Security features of the building; Changes in the building's original design; Swinerton & Walberg's bid for the project.