MarketCapsule: 'OTHER' SEGMENTS TO LEAD GROWTH
- Soap Box. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p44
Presents how food service operators recall unprofitable items. Elimination of a reimbursable meal; Balancing of food and labor cost through the menu; Creation of concepts with less expensive items.
- Bacon: Getting More Bang for Your Buck. // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p70
Provides tips when purchasing bacon. Consumption of bacon in 2001 in the U.S.; Types of sliced bacon sold in foodservice; Slice counts of sliced bacons; Prices.
- BRAND REDUCTION, BETTER PRODUCT: PURCHASING MOVES SAVE UCLA MED. CTR. 10% ON COMMODITIES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the changes made in the purchasing procedures of food commodities by the University of California-Los Angeles Medical Center in 2001. Annual savings in purchasing chicken; Reasons for switching to daily deliveries; Commodities that can be purchased direct.
- WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU: CO-OP OR PRIME VENDOR? // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
Reports that cooperative food purchasing programs are more popular and effective for smaller colleges and universities in the United States than prime vendor agreements, based on a survey by Cini-Little International; Implications of cooperative purchasing on the food purchases of universities;...
- Little evidence Whitehall has switched to green catering. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jan2012, Issue 444, p18
The article reports on the varying speed of adoption of food purchasing standards and public reporting across Whitehall at Westminster in London, England, which is based on data released by the "ENDS Report." It says that only a few departments are meeting a commitment to release progress...
- U.K Online Grocery Shopping Booms. // MMR;12/19/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by research firm IGD which revealed that online grocery sales in Great Britain are expected to reach 11.2 billion pounds by 2016.
- STARRING SCHOOL FSD: ASFSA's online co-op chat. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the online chat on purchasing co-operatives coordinated by the American School Food Service Association. Members of the Northern Illinois Independent Purchasing Cooperative; Emergence of purchasing co-operatives.
- Design of the times. Janoff, Barry // Progressive Grocer;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p20
Features a forecast for supermarkets with the technological innovations in the grocery industry as of July 2000. Design and construction of supermarkets; Factors affecting consumer merchandise; Application and disadvantages of electronic commerce; Effect of Internet shopping; Attention to...
- Just Desserts. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p64
The article offers news briefs related to health. Technology firm Eds Corp. is planning to design a shopping cart that records the nutritional content of items placed in them. An on-campus self-service-style restaurant in Wageningen University in Holland has been mounted with cameras to monitor...