Hawaii Governor Seeks $1 Billion in Bonds for Fiscal 2002-03
- Hawaii's governor now has rival; debt plans could feature in race. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p32
Focuses on Republican gubernatorial candidate Linda Lingle's plan to use Hawaii's seven-year economic slump against incumbent Governor Ben Cayetano to win the November 3, 1998 elections. Cayetano's plan to increase the state's general obligation debt allotment; Possible effect of increased debt...
- Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue general obligation bonds to pay for budgeted expenses in 2001. City Council's approval of Mayor Richard M. Daley's 2001 budget; Pricing of the general obligation bonds in February 2001.
- Pennsylvania Passes Budget, Clears Path for Over $1 Billion in Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p39
Reports on the Pennsylvania General Assembly's approval of a budget that includes bond authorizations. Issuance of bonds for museum projects; Other bonds included in the budget to finance a variety of capital projects.
- Contentious Bond Package in Albuquerque Mayor's Hands. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p3
Reports on the presentation of a City Council-approved capital improvement project budget to Albuquerque, New Mexico Mayor Martin Chavez. Commitment made by Chavez to veto several projects funded by the city's biannual general obligation bond package; Tentative date set for an election on the...
- Bipartisan Committee Announces N.Y. Budget Reform Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p4
Reports that a bipartisan legislative committee in New York state has approved a budget reform plan. Provisions of the proposed agreement seeking to put an end to chronic failure of the state legislature to adopt a state budget on time; Implications for the state's municipal bonds market.
- BARs Costiler Than Predicted, CBO Says. Schroeder, Peter; Templer-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p1
The article forecasts the performance of the Build America Bonds (BABs) in the U.S. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), BABs will cost 26 billion dollars more over the next 10 years than previously estimated. CBO also expects a budget deficit of 1.35 trillion dollars for fiscal...
- FLORIDA: 'Undergrounding' GOs? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p35
The article reports on the concerns discussed by the Palm Beach Town Council about holding a referendum to ask voters to approve the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the primary needs of the town in Florida. According to the report, the town officials had estimated that the cost...
- Budget Veto Threat. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p35
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri has threatened to veto the General Assembly's $5.9 billion spending plan for fiscal 2005. Carcieri's reiteration of his opposition to a bill that would provide municipal bond funding for a hotel development.
- Virginia Panel Says No to Governor's $1 Billion Tax Hike Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p3
Reports on the Virginia House Finance Committee's rejection of Governor Mark R. Warner's proposal to raise tax rates over two years. Warner's attempt to help close the state's budget gap and protect its triple-A general obligation bond rating; Proposed alternative to Warner's proposal.