Georgia's Slumping Ty Cobb Hospital Slides Into Fitch's Negative Watch
- Hospitals report healthier financial outlook. O'Reiley, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 29, pP12
The article focuses on the higher revenues seen by Las Vegas, Nevada hospitals in the first quarter 2011.
- Beware amenity creep before it devours property profits. Hennessey, Sean // Hotel & Motel Management;04/06/98, Vol. 213 Issue 6, p12
Elaborates on the concern for amenity by hospitality industry in relation to property profits, in the wake of moderating revenues. Factors affected by the situation; Implications of the situation on older hotels.
- Dr. Pila Hospital Still growing at 76 years of age. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;3/4/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p44
Features the Dr. Pila Hospital in Puerto Rico. Number of employees; Length of existence; Analyis on the revenue growth of the hospital.
- Hospital Financial Squeeze Tightening. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p86
Offers a look at the decline in the operating margins of hospitals in the United States from 1998 to 1999 and the factors that led to the decreased margins. Financial indicators; Hospital revenue; Outpatient charges.
- Shrinking Margins. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May99, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p41
Reports that profit margins for hospitals dropped 24 percent in 1998. Significance of the decline in profit margins; Decline in hospital operating margins; States in the United States showing the greatest drop in fourth-quarter margins.
- GROWING REVENUE. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2001, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p52
Discusses the factors hospitals should consider to increase profits. Description of drudgery; Benefits of an agreement with insurers; Importance of increasing market share. INSET: DANGER ZONES.
- Financial Performance. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2002, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p33
Presents several graphs on the financial performance of hospitals as of February 2002. Profitability gap between hospitals in high and low managed care markets.
- 1995 a record year for hospital earnings. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;02/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p2
Reports that the hospital industry in the United States posted record profits in 1995, according to the American Hospital Association (AHA). Statistical information on the profits earned; Reference to the report `Hospital Statistics: Emerging Trends in Hospitals,' issued by the AHA.
- Less than half of resort revenue is generated through rooms. Warnick, Rich // Hotel & Motel Management;03/05/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p10
Presents study findings in the report released by Warnick & Co., pertaining to the revenues generated by United States hospitality businesses. Total revenue per available room for resorts; Percentage accounted for by other revenue sources aside from hotel rooms; Comparison of the financial...