Two Workers Appeal Milwaukee's Union Deal
- Labor union asks pope to intervene at Catholic hospitals. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;11/8/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the urge made by the labor unions of South Koreans Catholic Hospitals to Archbishop Nicholas Cheong Jin-suk of Seoul regarding their strike dispute.
- EMT pension dispute ends. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/5/2012, Issue 417, p10
The article reports that railroad drivers' union ASLEF accepted proposals aimed at resolving the dispute over reduced employee contributions to the EMT pension scheme.
- El Salvador (Case No. 2630). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p105
The article offers information on a case of Trade Union of Workers of the ConfiterÃa Americana SA de CV Enterprise (STECASACV) and the Trade Union Federation of Food, Beverage, Hotel, Restaurant and Agro-Industry Workers of El Salvador (FESTSSABHRA) in El Salvador about the dissolution and...
- Tunisia (Case No. 2672). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1 (353, 354), p100
The article reports on the allegations by the Liaison Committee of the Tunisian General Confederation of Labour (CGTT) against authorities, including refusal to register a new trade union confederation, refusal to authorize the holding of press conferences by the founders of the confederation...
- Unions to protest ALP convention. Holmes, Adam; Ratcliffe, Ruth // Green Left Weekly;11/24/2010, Issue 862, p6
The article reports that the public service cuts of the South Australian Labor government were passed through parliament on November 8, 2010 despite the sharp criticism from the Public Service Association (PSA) and widespread protest.
- URTU UNHAPPY WITH IRLAM. // Truck & Driver;Mar2002, p7
Reports the disappointment of the United Road Transport Union over the lack of communication from James Irlam & Son about redundancies at the company in Great Britain. Termination of employees at Normanton; Assertion of the company lawyer; Liability of the company to inform the union.
- Significant Decisions in Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun69, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p62
Reports on decisions in several labor dispute cases in the U.S. as of June 1969. Possibility of abuse of secondary picketing in the railroad industry; Controversial issue of union members' rights in the context of union discipline.
- It's time for labor unions to make some changes. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p26
The article discusses the need for labor unions to make certain changes to tackle labor problems in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Fighting farmers. Connors, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/21/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6119, p22
Presents information on the National Farmers' Federation (NFF) in Australia and its history of anti-unionism. Its forbearer, the Federal Pastoralists' Council formed in response to the demand by shearers for a closed shop; NFF formed during the meatworkers attempts to disrupt the trade of live...