New Camden Regime Hopes to Right Finances
- Mother Camden. Conte, Christopher // Governing;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p84
Focuses on the appointment of Gwendolyn Faison as mayor of the city of Camden in New Jersey after former Mayor Milton Milan was convicted on corruption charges, as of March 2001. Views on her beliefs; Employment background; Background on her performance as a city official.
- Traits of strong mayor show on financial end. // Journal of Business (10756124);5/30/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 12, pA4
Comments on the personality traits of the mayor in Spokane, Washington. Details on the fiscally responsible budgeting without being beholden; Creation of a reserve account to improve the credit rating of the city.
- Mayor seeks funds for city to participate in gov/ed TV group. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/13/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p9
Focuses on the budget proposal of Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson for the year 2002â€“2003. Authorization of the City Council for the city to participate in a country-wide government and education television alliance; Availability of the money for the program; Amount of money needed to...
- Change needed in public financing. // Bay Area Reporter;11/10/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p4
The author reflects on the importance of examining and fixing public financing in San Francisco, California by the mayoral election candidates.
- Aging, Underfunded Infrastructure Top Challenge for Mayors. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;1/20/2016, p19
The article focuses on challenges presented by aging, underfunded infrastructure bonds to local governments according to a survey from the U.S. Conference of Mayors and The Boston University Initiative and supported by Citi, which also revealed that mayors are looking to raise property taxes...
- GEORGIA: Atlanta Mayor Cuts Deeper. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33016, p9
No abstract available.
- Santa Ana Mayor Lauds State Budget, Despite Short-Term Pain. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the reaction of Santa Ana, California Mayor Miguel Pulido to the state budget. Overview of the state budget deal; Annual State of the City address delivered by Pulido at the Santa Ana Performing Arts Center; Issues need to address by Santa Ana; Plans for the city.
- No pain, no sale, Mr. Mayor. Roberts, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p16A
The article comments on the mayor's proposal to consolidate the Indianapolis police and Marion County sheriff's departments in Indiana. The proposal failed on a 15-14 vote in the city council. The mayor said that the merger would have saved an estimated nine million dollars, and without it,...
- TRUCKER WILL RULE ALABAMA TOWN. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Nov2000, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p127
Focuses on election of truck driver Charles Harden as mayor of Prichard, Alabama. Bankruptcy of the city; Verdict against previous mayor, Jesse Norwood.