After Much Talk, the Orlando Magic Are No Closer to New Arena Funding
- Magic Act. BROWN, NICHOLAS // Athletic Business;Nov2010, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p57
The article discusses how Orange County in Orlando secured funding for five indoor recreation centers, in the wake of property tax reforms passed by the state which stopped municipal projects. It states that the county capitalized on a provision in the deal that financed the Amway Center,...
- MAGIC'S NEW KINGDOM. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;9/18/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 37, p41
The article focuses on the Amway Center, a 20,000-capacity arena that is owned by the city of Orlando in Florida and has an opening date of October 1, 2010. The multipurpose community entertainment arena is the result of a public/private partnership and will be the home for the Orlando Magic...
- Florida's Priority Shift. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32611, p1
The article reports on the two major bond-financed stadium projects that are relying on the government for part of their funding in Florida. The National Basketball Association's Orlando Magic is working with state officials to construct an 18,500-seat basketball arena which is estimated to cost...
- Orlando Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-15
Features the Orlando Magic basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;12/08/97, Vol. 221 Issue 48, p74
Presents a report on the National Basketball Association team, Orlando Magic. Team developments as of December 8, 1997; Includes poor performance of the team against the Miami Heat on November 26, 1997.
- Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;12/22/97, Vol. 221 Issue 51, p83
Reports on the developments related to the National Basketball Association's Orlando Magic for the week ending December 22, 1997. Includes the reaction of team owner Rich DeVos about Penny Hardaway's vacation; Lesson learned by the team about playing without its key player.
- Great leap upward. Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;12/26/94-01/02/95, Vol. 81 Issue 26, p46
States that it's only natural, to think of the youthful Orlando Magic more in terms of the future than the present, as being destined to win championships later rather than sooner. How they are on top of the Atlantic Division; Their present record; How they have won convincingly.
- Road kill. Crothers, Tim // Sports Illustrated;2/19/96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p32
Reviews how the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association have been stellar at home, but terrible away from home in the 1995-96 season. Home and away record for the Magic; Reasons for their home-court dominance; The Magic as a pampered team; Reasons for Orlando's woes on the road.
- Life without Shaq. Blank, Christine // Basketball Digest;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the prospects for the Orlando Magic basketball team for the 1997 season of the National Basketball Association in light of the departure of team member Shaquille O'Neal for the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. Problems facing the team; Free-throw shooting performance of the team;...