Proposed Moratorium on Charter Schools May Help Munis
- Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Education's plan to focus on bond-related innovative finance for charters schools. Department's plan to introduce a demonstration program for charter schools; Congress' plan to increase funding for the credit enhancement program in 2002.
- Charter Schools: Limited Access to Facility Financing: HEHS-00-163. // GAO Reports;9/12/2000, p1
Policy makers are concerned that funding limitations may hinder the growth of future charter schools. This report determines: (1) the degree to which charter schools have access to traditional public school facility financing (2) whether alternative sources of facility financing are available to...
- A Long-Term Approach. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31427, p1
Reports the issuance of municipal debt by the Community Academy of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mediation of the deal by the Philadelphia Industrial Development Authority; Amount of the issued debt; Proceeds of the debt issuance.
- Charters a Tougher Sell. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p1
Examines the status of selling charter school debt in the U.S. Selectivity of large institutional investors about buying charter school debt since there are fewer schools with the investment-grade ratings buyers prefer; Yields on nonrated charter school deals that range from 6.50 to 7.50...
- Ambitious Texas Charter Spurs Growth With Unrated Bond Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;9/4/2015, p13
This article reports that in August 2015, International Leadership (IL) Texas, a charter school operator in Texas, issued 111 million dollars of unrated bonds to buy six campuses in three cities. Topics discussed include the decision of IL not to wait for the state's triple-A Permanent School...
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- N.C Counties Taking School Bonds to Voters. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p4
Reports on the move of several counties to ask voters to approve bonds for school building and renovation project in North Carolina. Amount of the proposed bond; Speculations on the response of voters to the initiative; Expected number of supporters to the bond package.
- Volume Tops Record, With More Ahead. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p1
Reports the rate of new-issue volume in the long-term municipal bond as of the first nine months of 2002 in the U.S. Disclosure on the total amount sold by issuers; Projections for the fourth quarter; Expectations on the strength of issuance in the education sector.
- New funding scheme for poor schools shouldn't raise market hackles. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p26
Opinion. Asserts that the municipal bond market, despite being bypassed, should support a funding program for poor schools in the United States. Tax credit for the so-called qualified zone academy bonds; Investors' criticism of the earlier Bondholder Taxable Option; Bias in the municipal market...