William E. Simon & Sons Ending a 12-Year Run in Munis
- Ex-treasury chief's firm looking to buy bad loans. Weidner, David // American Banker;2/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p25
Focuses on Los Angeles, California-based investment firm William E. Simon & Sons LLC's formation of a fund to buy distressed bank loans, private debt, public high-yield debt, and leveraged equity investments. Target investors of the fund called William E. Simon & Sons Special Situations LP;...
- EPAC infill strategy attracts LA investor. Ibrahim, Nidal M. // Orange County Business Journal;07/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p8
Reports on William E. Simon & Sons Realty's agreement to invest an initial $10 million into homebuilder EPAC Investment Inc. Collaborative efforts of the two companies in acquiring projects and building a portfolio.
- Wyle unit sought in management buy-out. // Electronic News;10/10/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2035, p10
Reports on the definitive agreement signed by Wyle Laboratories to sell its Scientific Services & Systems business to a management group led by William E. Simon & Sons and F. Stephen Wyle. Terms of the agreement; Wyle's focus on the Electronics Marketing Group distribution business; Advantages...
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;4/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the partnership of William E. Simon & Sons Municipal Securities Inc. with Cherokee Investment Security LLC to buy and sell environmentally contaminated real estate assets.
- Bekins is building block for new logistics company. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;4/29/96, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p35
Reports that International Logistics Limited, an investment affiliate of William E. Simon & Sons LCC will acquire Bekins Company of Chicago. Undisclosed agreement terms; Reference to former chief executive of Allied Van Lines, Roger E. Payton heading venture; Benefits of acquisition; Remarks by...
- Third Party Serves Up Richer Bid for Pierre Foods. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the possibility that Pierre Foods Inc. may reject a takeover offer from bidders William E. Simon & Sons and Triton Partners in 2001. Reason cited by Pierre Foods in a letter addressed to the bidders; Trading price of Pierre's shares as of August 2001; Products of the company.
- Out takes. // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/15/99, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p4
Presents news updates on investment banking in the United States as of February 15, 1999. Includes establishment of the William E. Simon & Sons Special Situations LP; Appointment of Richard Lappin as senior managing director of the Blackstone Group; Selection of Kerry Kearney as president of...
- Loop Picks Up Simon Salesmen. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p7
Focuses on Loop Capital Markets' recruitment of three municipal bond salesmen who had been with the firm of William E. Simon & Sons. Demonstration of track record in bringing quality ideas to institutional investors.
- Simon firm fined for misreporting payment to Armacon. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30580, p5
Reports that William E. Simon and Sons Municipal Securities has been censured and fined $10,000 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD0 for improperly reporting a $10,000 payment to Armacon Securities Incorporated. William Simon's report that the payment was a management fee;...