Moody's: N.Y. Counties Experiencing Uneven Prosperity
- AARP ranks Spokane high on 'top dream towns' list. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);3/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, pA8
Reports on the inclusion of Spokane, Washington in the list of top 15 dream towns in the U.S. Features and amenities offered by Spokane; Criteria used to rank the cities.
- Fresno ranked uncool by magazine. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/12/98, Issue 322250, p22
Editorial. Comments on the poor ranking received by the city of Fresno, California on `P.O.V.' magazine's ranking of best cities for young entrepreneurs. Lifestyle criteria used in the ranking; Physical attractions of Fresno.
- City stress index: 25 best, 25 worst. Levine, R. // Psychology Today;Nov88, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p52
There are many ways of comparing cities as good places to live. This rating uses the psychological well-being of their inhabitants, as measured by rates of alcoholism, crime, suicide, and divorce. INSET: Getting riled about ratings..
- Postcards. // American City & County;Oct93, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p20
Reports on environmental news. Los Angeles County Coroner's Office's gift shop; Signatures for Popeye the Sailor Man's candidacy for the mayoralty of Alma, Arkansas; World Resources Institute's list of 75 greenest cities in the United States.
- Spokane rises in donation rankings. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/10/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p15
The article reports that the city of Spokane, Washington has soared in the third annual ranking of Most Generous Online Cities in the U.S. as depicted in the 2010 survey conducted by Convio Inc.
- The Tucson INSIDER. // Inside Tucson Business;12/23/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p5
The article reports on the status of Tucson, Arizona which moved up from being ranked as number 101 to number 87 out of 102 cities on the list of business-friendly cities in 2011.
- Great cities. Malveaux, J. // Essence (Essence);Oct88, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p119
Profiles five of the 25 urban areas that offer Black women the greatest work opportunities, the best environment to raise their families in, and enjoy their lives. Selection criteria; Personal accounts; Lists other 20 cities; Austin, Texas; Columbus, Ohio; Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina;...
- OC CITIES. // Orange County Business Journal;8/25/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p18
The article lists the rankings of Orange County cities based on population, revenue and employers which include Santa Ana, Anaheim and Irvine.
- Seattle loves smarties. Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Beck, Mariko Thompson // Shape;Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p40
Reports that Seattle ranks as the most educated metropolis in the U.S.