N.J.'s State Contract Debt Challenged
- NASD Plans to Fight Subpoena to Give Documents to LCDA. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p4
Reports on the refusal of the National Association of Securities Dealers to submit its documents to the Louisiana Local Government Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority in connection with an ongoing municipal bond enforcement case. Focus of the charges of the Securities...
- D.C. Water Agency May Sell $950M -- Eventually. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p5
Reports on the amount of tax-exempt municipal bonds considered for sale to pay for the planned combined sewer-overflow program of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority in Washington D.C. Limitation in the bonds that may come out of the deal; Details of the lawsuit filed against the...
- Florida PACE Agency Seeks to Validate $2B Bond Issuance. Sigo, Shelly // National Mortgage News;7/25/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p23
The article focuses on the complaint filed by Florida Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Funding Agency to validate the issuance of two billion dollars of municipal bonds use to fund energy-efficiency projects in Florida. It relates that the PACE program has longed been questioned by federal...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32925, p2
Corrections to the articles about a Nebraska court ruling on prepaid gas transactions and on the profile of municipal bond pricing and evaluation services are presented.
- Calif. tax case and L.A.'s DOT lawsuit on Justices' docket. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p5
Reports on the cases `Kimel vs. Florida Board of Regents' and `Vermont Agency of Natural Resources vs. Us., ex rel Stevens' in the United States. Details of the municipal bond cases; Challenge to California's franchise tax.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Trio Seek Trial Delay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a second delay of a trial seeking by the three men indicted in a Jefferson County, Alabama sewer bond pay-to-play criminal case. They asked for the second delay because the case is complex and they have not had time to sift through all the discovery evidence. The trial is...
- New Lawsuit Alleges Little Rock Funds Diverted for Clinton Park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p24
Reports on Little Rock, Arkansas citizen Nora Harris' filing of a second lawsuit alleging that Little Rock illegally issued bonds to pay for the Clinton Presidential Park. Case background; Failure of the first lawsuit filed by Harris.
- California School Bond Program Unfair, Civil Rights Groups Charge. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p3
Reports that civil rights groups sued California to stop the distribution of funds from the school bond measure approved by voters in 1998. Claims that the allocation of funds is discriminatory against minority children; Filing of the lawsuit in behalf of a group of inner-city students and parents.
- Illinois Hospital Suit Won't Be Heard Until February. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p4
Reports on developments pertaining to the lawsuit filed by Wood River Township, Illinois, that seeks to halt repayment of bonds issued for a hospital and recoup taxpayer funds already paid to investors. Scheduled hearing of the case on February 2001; Appearance of the parties involved in the...