- FTC to Hill: Thanks, But No Thanks. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;7/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 130, p1
This article discusses the testimony of U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Chairman Jon Leibowitz before the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee. Leibowitz supported a proposal by U.S. President Barack Obama that the FTC cede regulatory authority over consumer financial...
- House health panel examines risks and benefits of medical radiation. // AHA News;3/8/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on the examination conducted by a subcommittee of the U.S. House Energy & Commerce Committee regarding the risk and benefits associated with medical radiation.
- Tucson business leaders weigh in with legislators. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the United States House Commerce and Economic Development Committee's August 29, 2001 stop-over at Tucson, Arizona's Stillwell House to get the opinions of people affected by the Legislature's laws regarding businesses. Business groups that hosted the event; Topics taken up by...
- GOP takes aim at net neutrality. // Hill;3/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p15
The article reports on the invitation of the House Energy and Commerce Communications Subcommittee with broadband executives to testify on net neutrality in the U.S. in 2011.
- In bid to keep Energy slot, Barton to appeal directly to freshmen. Goode, Darren // Hill;11/4/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p18
The article reports that U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee ranking member Joe Barton is trying to retain his position by appealing directly to incoming House Republican freshmen.
- Dingell: HCFA should be tough on Medicare credit-balance reporting violators. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the work of the oversight and investigations panel of the House Energy and Commerce Committee concerning Medicare credit violations. Panel Chairman John D. Dingell's call for vigilance on Medicare credit-balance reporting; Ability of Heath Care Financing Administration to audit...
- House Investigates Heperin Contamination. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the investigation of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce on the entry of contaminated heparin in the country.
- House Energy and Commerce Committee Approves Protect Life Act, 33-19. // National Right to Life News;Feb2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the passage of the Protect Life Act, House Resolution (H.R.) 358, by the Energy and Commerce Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives by a vote of 33 in favor and 19 against.
- House panel rejects abortion mandate ban. // Catholic East Texas;8/7/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee to reject mandated abortion coverage aside from cases of incest rape or life-threatening danger to the mother.