- Indicators. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p50
Focuses on the economic indicators for employment between February 2000 and January 2003 in Great Britain. Increase in unemployment during the third quarter of the year 2002; Rise in permanent and temporary pay growth rates during January 2003; Percentage of job gained and lost in engineering...
- Should job seekers be less pessimistic? // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the employment rate in the U.S. Assessment of the public pessimism on the job outlook; Percentage of the total nonfarm employment; Expectation of economic growth among the economists.
- EMPLOYMENT. // OECD Observer;2003 Supplement 1, p16
Presents statistics on employment of member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Australia; Austria; Belgium; Canada; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France.
- PART-TIME AND SELF-EMPLOYMENT. // OECD Observer;2003 Supplement 1, p18
Presents statistics on part-time and self-employment of member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Australia; Austria; Belgium; Canada; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France.
- How Are We Doing? Reynis, Lee A. // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p37
Examines employment growth in New Mexico since the 1990s. Annual growth rates; Employment in various industries; Employment in various cities; Projected growth of employment until 2002.
- Employment and unemployment: the doughnut or the hole? Shiskin, Julius // Monthly Labor Review;Feb76, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p3
Presents a discussion of the relative merits of various types of employment and unemployment rates as measures of the economy's performance. Absence of an unemployment measure that can satisfy all analytical or ideological interests; Statistical advantages of employment figures over...
- Total employment growth. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p49A
Presents a chart reflecting the position of Indianapolis, Indiana in a ranking of employment growth in several cities across the United States from December 1997 through December 1998. Includes Kansas City, Missouri; Orlando, Florida; San Jose, California.
- Job satisfaction, happy life. Langhorne, John // Corridor Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p14
The article discusses the importance of employment as an economic indicator, pointing out the positive impact of jobs on taxation, as well as on a person's well-being.
- ECI Tops Data, Other Events Eyed. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p2
Reports on the employment cost index in the United States for the third quarter of 2000. Wage pressures in the economy; First reading of the gross domestic product.