- House OKs Bill With BAB Extension. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 by the U.S. House. It states that the bill would extend the Build America Bonds (BAB) program until April 1, 2013 with lowered annual subsidy rates at 33% in 2011, 31% in 2012, and 30% in the first...
- Ways & Means' Thomas Moves to Strike Bond Provision From Rail Legislation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p29
The article reports that United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Thomas has moved to strike a bond provision from legislation to be considered by the panel. The legislation would authorize states to issue up to 24 billion dollars in tax-exempt and taxable tax-credit bonds over...
- House Committee Expected to Vote On Alternative Minimum Tax Patch. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/18/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32902, p5
The article reports on the bill which provides a one-year patch to the alternative minimum tax (AMT) and which is expected to be voted by the House Ways and Means Committee in the U.S. The bill, which needs to garner 60 votes to be considered, is created by committee chairman Charles Rangel....
- House Ways and Means carries on under new chairman; Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee... // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the proposal of House Ways and Mean Committee Acting Chairman Sam Gibbons to modify the bill previously approved by the health subcommittee. Provisions of Gibbons's proposed version; Plans of Michael A. Andrews to offer an amendment to strike the bill's price controls; Efforts of...
- High Performance Buildings Council Rallies Support on Capitol Hill. // Electroindustry;Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that members of the High Performance Buildings Council along with the staff of several House Ways & Means Committee members visited on May 19, 2014 the Capitol Hill.
- House OKs pension reform. Gates, Max // Automotive News;7/25/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5562, p1
Reports on the House Ways and Means Committee's passage of a pension reform bill that would require employers to more quickly fund pension benefits. Reaction of automakers; Prospects for final passage.
- Superfund legislation at Ways and Means. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct94, Vol. 195 Issue 10, p16JJ
Reports on the House Ways and Means Committee's approval of the Superfund legislation (H.R. 3800). Floor debate of the H.R. 3800.
- Pension Reform Flies Through Ways And Means Committee. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/30/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 18, p33
Announces the approval of the Portman-Cardin pension reform bill, H.R. 10, by the United States House Ways and Means Committee. Comments from David Winston, vice president of government affairs for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, on the bill; Provision of the...
- And another thing, Harry: Under the Clinton plan my nose job isn't deductible! // Common Cause Magazine;Spring95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the work of former lobbyist Charles Kahn as staff director of the United States House Ways and Means health subcommittee.