The world of never never
- Joplings signs up for NOVA credit. // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p6
Reports that department store chain Joplings has appointed NOVA Retail Finance as its customer credit provider.
- It's the morning after for credit cards. Milligan, John W. // U.S. Banker;Apr97, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p55
Reports on how credit card issuers in the United States are now being faced with record loan charge-offs from deadbeat customers. Total number of card solicitations mailed by the industry in 1995 and 1996; Structural shift in the credit card arena; Increase in the number of Americans who filed...
- Card world's new capital. Allard, Susan; Trott, Kathryn // U.S. Banker;Apr97, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p63
Opinion. Comments on the state of the credit card business in the United States. Transformation of the consumer credit and credit card industries by intellectual capital from inside and outside; Information revolution's modification of the way business is done; Purchase of First USA Inc. by...
- Credit Where Due. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p5
Examines the proliferation of credit cards. Advantages of credit cards; Transactions where credit cards are commonly used; Measures which have to be implemented to ensure the stability of the credit card industry.
- 157 million consumers celebrate 50-year-old idea with spending sprees. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/20/2000, Issue 322592, p34
Editorial. Comments on the proliferation of credit cards in the United States. Percentage of four-year college students that have at least one credit card; Average interest rates; Market shares of Visa and MasterCard; Competition among credit card companies; Unfair competition lawsuit against...
- Savvy credit card strategies. Brentnall, Vicki F. // Medical Economics;8/08/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p69
Suggests strategies in managing one's credit cards. Using one credit card each for groceries, gas and other incidentals and paying it in full each month to avoid paying interest; Using a third card for business expenses charged; Benefits of using cards with merchant affiliations.
- Credit-card delinquencies at peak? // Christian Science Monitor;10/1/96, Vol. 88 Issue 215, p8
Focuses on delinquency rates for credit-card debt in the United States for the 1996 April-June quarter. Research from Veribanc, a research firm in Wakefield, Massachusetts; Level of consumer debt.
- Credit Cards. Patel, Amit // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p31
Alerts people to use credit cards but with cautions.
- Plastic Power. Cohen, Russell // Scholastic Choices;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p25
The article presents suggestions on how to use a credit card sensibly.