Benchmarking gets DTI support
- Benchmarking for profit. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p7
Reports the result of the Furniture Industry Benchmarking Project of BFM in Great Britain. Need of companies to improve record keeping systems; High ratings of firms for leadership and personnel management; Commitment of firms to raise frequency of business reviews to improve performance.
- Lost in space: Typical benchmarking problem. Ogilvie, Timothy J. // Management Review;Sep93, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p20
Discusses methodology of benchmarking to achieve world-class standards. Competitiveness of processes employed; Incremental improvement approach to change; Analysis of benchmarking gaps; Tracking of historical performance trends; Understanding internal processes.
- Your performance: Survey helps all. // Furniture/Today;6/16/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p2
The article presents the editor's discussion of the relevance and importance of the Furniture Store Performance Report, which is compiled from survey forms sent to furniture producers across the U.S. The editor calls on furniture producers to complete the survey forms so that the magazine could...
- High Standard of the Furniture Industry. Žd'árek, Miloslav // Czech Business & Trade;2007 Furniture Supplement, p5
The article focuses on the high standard of the furniture industry in the Czech Republic. The author stresses that furniture making in the country is an important manufacturing sector that is identified as 36.1 in the Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community (NACE) branch...
- Standard translation clarifies quality issue. // Cabinet Maker;2/23/2007, Issue 5526, p4
The article reports on the release of Consumer Products Standard in Chinese language by the British Retail Consortium. The audited standards enable furniture retailers to purchase furniture products from emerging businesses or develop joint ventures in the Far East. The Chinese translation will...
- End of the line for flatpack firm Licentia. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2003, Issue 5340, p4
Reports that flatback furniture manufacturer Licentia UK is being wound down after administrative receivers failed to find a buyer for it. Number of staff to be retained for the completion of outstanding orders; Preparation of factory for sale of its plant and machinery; Effort of employees in...
- CEN agrees to merge standards. // Cabinet Maker;6/26/2009, Issue 5643, p5
The article reports on the decision of the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) to merge the two seating standards in Great Britain. The Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) claims that the committee agreed to merge standards BS EN 13761 for office visitor chairs, and BS EN...
- California still committed to FR standards. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/24/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p18
Focuses on the reaffirmation of the commitment of the California Bureau of Home Furnishings of its commitment to open flame mattress flammability standard. Implementation of the regulation; Certification of the mattresses for sale to California consumers.
- Safety first. // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2008, Issue 5609, p7
The article reports on the announcement made by the Furniture Retail Quality Group that a suite standards that cover children's furniture has been discussed. The group has worked with Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) International Ltd. to produce the standards. The group said the...