S.C. Med Center to Expand With Purchase of County Hospital
- Acquiring minds. Spilka, George // Pit & Quarry;Sep2003, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p14
Provides tips on negotiating a corporate acquisitions. Importance of becoming familiar to the acquisition process; Relevance of setting realistic goals; Necessity of determining the expected transaction price.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/20/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p10
Suggests different strategies for negotiating a merger. Way to become confident in any transaction; Considerations in business negotiations; Recognition of different personalities as a factor to test one's patience.
- Mergers and acquisitions: How to negotiate an acquisition successfully. Groarke, Patrick // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p23
Outlines the methods on how to negotiate an acquisition and merger of a corporation. Two distinct phases of the negotiation process; Elements of a typical agenda for Heads of Agreement meeting; Key features of an earn-out which need negotiating.
- Negotiating at 30 paces. Harrison, Gilbert W.; Saffer, Brian H. // Management Review;Apr80, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p51
Focuses on the importance of the negotiating process in business mergers and acquisitions. Review on the effective negotiating strategies; Emphasis of mergers and acquisitions on the issue of price; Reasons behind the failed negotiations.
- Negotiating An Acquisition. Spilka, George // Coal Age;Mar2003, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p20
Presents advice on negotiating an acquisition. Types of negotiations; Factors to consider in a negotiation; Details on acquisition negotiation.
- Mission Ridge sale wipes out. Howell, Jamie // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pA1
Reports the negotiation for corporate buyout of Mission Ridge Ski Area. Investment of Harbor Properties on the local ski area; Benefits of alliances and partnership; Price of Ridge.
- Untitled. // Time;11/23/1959, Vol. 74 Issue 21, p97
The article presents updates related to business activities in the U.S. including the efforts of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball to negotiate with National Theatres & Television Inc., the merging of Milwaukee and Rock Island railroads, and the 15% insurance discounts offered by Nationwide Mutual...
- Keeping acquirers and sellers on the right legal track. Brown, Meredith T.; Goldstein, William M. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p11
Discusses the interplay of business conditions and legal rules critical in dealmaking/negotiating mergers and acquisitions in the mid-1990s. Legal issues stressed in briefings of boards of directors; Advice on the necessary process for buying and selling; Situation of break-up feed in the...
- More Evidence That Sellers Hold the Cards. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/27/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the status of deals in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market in New York City. Practitioners asserted that sellers are increasingly able to extract more aggressive terms from eager buyers. This is reflected in the price of assets and in the closing conditions. The...