Moody's Sees 'Meaningful' HIPAA Impact on Nonprofits
- Vendors recommend hospitals act now; change is inevitable. Webb, Craig // AHA News;02/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
Presents the advice of software vendors regarding compliance to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Priority given by healthcare providers to HIPAA compliance; Suggestions on how hospitals can prepare for their compliance with HIPAA; Cynicisms of hospital chief...
- Looking for more time. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;10/21/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the request of health organizations for an extension to comply with the standards for processing medical claims electronically. Information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996; Goal of HIPAA transaction rules; Entities covered by the rule.
- Are you ready? Wilson, Linda // Modern Healthcare;1/27/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p30
Discusses several aspects of the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Issues concerning deadlines for compliance; Rules for transactions and code sets; Provisions for privacy; Regulation for the security of electronic information.
- MSAs: What are the benefits? Thurmond, Jeffrey // National Public Accountant;Dec96, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the incorporation of the Medical Savings Account (MSAs) into the Small Business Job Protection Act (H.R. 3448) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility (H.R.3103) in the United States. Participation; Operations of the MSAs; Comparison between the MSAs and other tax...
- States enact measures to reform health care. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul93, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the ratification in Louisiana and Wyoming of several measures reforming health care. Sample of bills included in Louisiana; Requirement for small-group insurance in Wyoming; Impact of the requirement.
- Med. Savings Accounts bill introduced. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/25/93, Vol. 97 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the Senate Republicans' health care reform plan which would create incentives for individuals to establish Medical Savings Accounts. Provisions for insurance reform, voluntary purchasing pools for small businesses, federal subsidies for high-risk and low income individuals and...
- Staying Current on Healthcare Regulations. Cape, Connie S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the implications of healthcare regulations on health care financial management in the United States. Information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; Information on the Stark II rule; Implications of the Medicare outpatient prospective payment system.
- Empowering families in the health care marketplace. Butler, Stuart M. // National Minority Politics;Jun94, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the provisions of the bill called the Consumer Choice Health Security Act, which was sponsored by United States Senator Don Nickles and Representative Cliff Stearns. Allowance of families to obtain health coverage through the institution of their choice; Problems with...
- Small California banks fight for health care exemption. O'Hara, Terrence // American Banker;7/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 131, p14
Reports that community banks in California are fighting to exempt the California Bankers Association group health insurance plan from the health care reform law passed by the state in 1994. Increase in health care insurance costs of small banks since the passage of the law; Lobbying campaign in...