North Texas Tollway Authority Gets Ready to Ring in New Fiscal Year
- Florida County Sells $55.6M to Fund Daytona Beach Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p28
Reports on the decision to sell tourist-tax revenue bonds to finance the expansion of the convention center in Volusia County, Florida. Maturity of the bond; Ability of the county to lower its debt service; Rating assigned to the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Interest rate of the bond.
- S&P Affirms CHA, But Watches Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p1
Reports on the concern of Standard and Poor's over the future stability of the Chicago Housing Authority's pioneering bond sale in Illinois. Decline in the federal government's annual capital appropriations for the grants leveraged in the deal; Stability of the debt service coverage levels; Sael...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p37
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2004. Improvement of the rating for general obligation bonds; Approval of the board of Nassau Health Care Corp. to refinance the debt issued in 1999 deal; Sale of variable-rate demand bonds by Temple University Health System.
- Missouri City's Ralings Sour After Refusal to Appropriate. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;9/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33588, p1
The article reports that the city of Moberly in Missouri has lost its investment-grade rating. It is attributed to the city's failure in making good on its appropriation pledge of revenue bonds. It triggers a default in the city's financing agreement tied to the bonds. It also leads the trustee...
- Clark County, Nev., Refinancing Airport Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p1
The article reports on the airport financial system carried out by Clark County, Nevada. According to the author, the financial system feature a refinancing design that addresses the books of variable-rate debt afflicted by the persistent subprime mortgage crisis which affected outstanding swap...
- S&P Raises Its Outlook on Williams College to Positive. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p31
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s raising of its outlook on Williams College's AA-plus rated debt to positive from stable. The college is planning two refundings for a total of about 72 million dollars. The refundings will be sold through Massachusetts Health and Educational...
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.
- S&P Boosts 24 Water, Sewer Issuers, Thanks to New Criteria. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p7
The article reports on the revised ratings of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the water, sewer and drainage utility revenue bonds issued in Midwestern states. The revision shows improvement on the solid debt service coverage ratios and cash reserves. These issuers include Ypsilanti Community...
- Moody's Drops Virginia's Pocahontas Parkway Bonds to Junk, Citing Revenues. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p7
Reports on the downgrade of the Pocahontas Parkway bond rating by Moody's Investors Service in Richmond, Virginia. Escalation of the toll revenue problems; Increase of the annual debt service requirements; Recruitment of an independent traffic consultant to evaluate project operations and toll...