Municipals Unchanged in Light Trading As 'The List' Mesmerizes Participants
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p2
Presents news briefs related to U.S. bond market as of January 31, 2003. Comparison of increase in gross domestic product in year 2003 with year 2002; Increase in applications for state unemployment benefits according to data provided by the U.S. Labor Department; Increase in the employee...
- Testing Times For Bonds. // Latin America Financial Alert;8/4/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the sell-off in the U.S. Treasury market in the week ended August 2, 2003. Yield of the 10-year Treasury bonds; Growth of gross domestic product in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2003; Level of unemployment.
- From the TM3 wire. Goldsmith, Steve; Selway, William; Kinnander, Ola; McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p2
Focuses on several bond market-related developments across the United States as of August 28, 1998. Securities and Exchange Commission's allegation that First Union Capital Markets Corp. used a lobbyist to help line up financial advisory business; Bismarck Public School District's general...
- Market Post: Digesting GDP, Waiting for FOMC. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that higher gross domestic product numbers surprised the market and thus also effected treasuries as of July 2014. It states that two-year note yield increased three basis point to 0.58 percent, as the 10-year jumped seven basis points to 2.53 percent, and also the 30-year...
- Munis Lose Lustre as Treasuries Dip; $98M of Illinois Health Revs Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of November 2003. Assessment of the third quarter gross domestic product; Impact of geopolitical factors on bond yields; Bond maturity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 24.
- Jobs and GDP. Peters, Dean M. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Oct2003, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the alarming jobless rates observed despite an increase in Gross Domestic Product in the U.S. Implications of the correlation to the working practices among companies; Percentage in the unemployment rate; Effects of technological innovations on the productivity of companies; Views...
- Okun's Law Does the Austrian unemploymentï¿½GDP relationship exhibit structural breaks? S�gner, Leopold // Empirical Economics;2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p553
Okun's Law postulates an inverse relationship between movements of the unemployment rate and the real gross domestic product (GDP). Initial empirical estimates for US data indicate that a two to three percent GDP growth rate above the natural or average GDP growth rate causes unemployment to...
- Indicators. // OECD Observer;Jan2001, Issue 224, p102
Presents a chart depicting the economic development in the OECD countries. Analysis on unemployment rate; Details on the gross domestic product; Increase of interest rate.
- Latin America Monitor. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
The article presents news brief from the Latin American countries. Colombia's declining unemployment will play an important ole in supporting robust real gross domestic product (GDP) growth. The economy of Peru will expand at lower average rates as a decline in the prices of metals. Venezuela...