- Florida. // Retail Law Strategist;Aug2008, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p11
The article reports that the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission has included Amendment 5 on the November 2008 ballot in Florida. The Amendment 5 will eliminate the imposition of real estate taxes for schools. This elimination would result in a 25 percent reduction in real estate taxes on any...
- PENNSYLVANIA: Vote Targets Tax Agency. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p9
The article reports on the move of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania voters to weigh in on a referendum to terminate the Bureau of Revision of Taxes (BRT) and the move the functions of the agency within the city's administration.
- CA: Proponents Continue Pursuit of Split Property Tax. // GPP eNews;1/20/2012, p7
The article reports on the submission of a measure titled "Protect Homeowners and Close Corporate Loopholes Act" that initiated the process for an initiative on split roll property tax in California.
- Vote 'yes' on Prop. 409 now; we won't have a choice later. ROTHSCHILD, JONATHAN // Inside Tucson Business;10/26/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p34
The article argues against the yes vote for the Proposition 409 which will cost approximately $18 per year per $100, 000 assessed value to property taxpayers.
- One Less Question. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p31
Reports on the decision of advocates of a ballot measure to revamp California's property tax system, to withdraw its proposal.
- Harlem property taxes through the roof. Sherrod, Curtis // New York Amsterdam News;11/24/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 48, p13
This article presents information on the hike in property tax at Harlem, New York. In 2002, the author and his wife bought a brownstone in Harlem. At the time they purchased the brownstone, their property taxes were $1,500. In 2004, after completing renovations, their taxes rose to $17,000. In...
- Unexpected turnout. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;05/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
Deals with the property tax increases for schools in Portland, Oregon. Attitude of educators toward the passage of the property tax levy; Results of a referendum conducted concerning the issue.
- CIP Bonds Pushed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p35
Reports on the campaign of a group called Madison First for voters to pass a property tax increase in the referendum to secure a bond financing for a capital improvement plan in Madison, Alabama. Significance of the tax proposal in protecting the residents' standard of living; Function of the...
- City voters lift levy lid. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 24, pA2
Reports on the decision of voters to allow for the increase of property taxes during a referendum in Spokane, Washington.