HORN SADDLE ORNAMENTS DATING TO THE SCYTHIAN PERIOD FROM THE OB PLATEAU
- PAZYRYK CLUES. Baker, Charles F. // dig;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p15
A word game about the Pazyryk is presented.
- Where did it come from? Saddle decoration. Welch, Bob // American Cowboy;Feb/Mar 2014, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p71
The article offers information on the origins of various items used for saddle decoration. Sources of origins of these saddle decoration items include the North Iranian Eurasian nomads, also known as Scythians in Europe and Saka in Asia, the Qidan Liao nomadic people of Central Asia, and...
- FROZEN HORSES. Doyle, Noreen // dig;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p24
The article describes the corpses of 13 sacrificed horses positioned to face the rising sun, which is one of the greatest treasures in a Scythian burial mound in Kazakhstan.
- The deep structure of the Scythian Plate basement. Bush, V. // Geotectonics;Nov2014, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p413
Over the last decade, the Scythian Plate and the adjacent territory in the north have been covered by high-precision aeromagnetic (1 : 50000) and aerogravimetric (1 : 100000) surveys. An interpretation of the results allows us to reveal the Riphean-Early Paleozoic basement beneath the fold...
- Scythian treasures from ancient Ukraine. // Art in America;Aug99, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p35
Features the Scythian art exhibition at San Antonio on November 7, 1999-January 30, 2000, Walters Art Gallery on March 5-May 28, 2000, Los Angeles County Museum of Art on July 2-September 24, 2000, Brooklyn Museum of Art on October 29, 2000-January 21, 2001.
- Editor's Introduction. Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam // Anthropology & Archeology of Eurasia;Spring2005, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p3
Introduces a series of articles that feature the interconnection of mythology, ethnography, and archeology. Exploration of Northern Eurasian legends concerning fantastic beast-fish or giant birds associated with mammoths; Survey of the prestige art objects of the burial complexes of the Pazyryk...
- Twenty years after. POLOSMAK, Natalia V. // SCIENCE First Hand;2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
The article features the foreign graves found in Gorny Altai that belong to the Pazyryk culture. Topics discussed include Pazyryk funeral ceremony, the exploration made on the Ukok Plateau in Gorny Altai in 1993, and Ak-Alakha 3 burial ground. Information on the mummification techniques used by...
- CRUSTAL MODELS IN MOESIAN PLATFORM, ROMANIA, BASED ON SEISMIC AND SEISMOLOGIC DATA. Bala, Andrei; Tataru, Dragos; Grecu, Bogdan; Raileanu, Victor // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2016, Vol. 3, p435
Moesian Platform is an old massif in the SE Europe bordered to the north and west by the South Carpathians, to the south by the Balkans, to the east by the Black Sea and to the NE by the North Dobrogean Orogen and Scythian Platform. In the Romanian sector, placed north of the Danube river...
- Elephant Tears. Griffin, Sheila // Jubilat;Spring/Summer2004, Issue 8, p52
Presents the poem "Elephant Tears," by Sheila Griffin.