HORN SADDLE ORNAMENTS DATING TO THE SCYTHIAN PERIOD FROM THE OB PLATEAU
- Multifigured Compositions in the Art of the Pazyryk Culture. Trishina, I. V. // Anthropology & Archeology of Eurasia;Spring2005, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p19
Describes the wide-ranging yet easily identifiable, multifigured compositions of the Pazyryk peoples via a survey of the prestige art objects of their burial complexes. Existence of many examples of multifigured representations in the animal style contained in the art of the Pazyryk culture;...
- Under protest from Germany, Moscow displays ancient gold treasures. // Christian Science Monitor;4/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 99, p12
Reports on Russia's unveiling of King Priam's Treasure, one of the most famous archaeological finds in history. Objections of Germany over the public display.
- Roquenval (chronicle of a Chateau). Berberova, Nina // Grand Street;Winter97, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p215
Narrates an anecdote recalling the antiquities of imperial Russia. Memories of Petersburg, Chita, and Yalta; Reminiscence of old avenue of linden trees; Appreciation of Russian books.
- Dig and ye may find. // Russian Life;Feb/Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p9
Reports that a team of Moscow, Russia archaeologists unearthed jewelry, ceramic vessels and crucifixes during construction work under way at Gostinny Dvor. Estimated age of the find; Gostinny Dvor's history as one of the largest centers in Russia since the 15th century.
- PAZYRYK CLUES. Baker, Charles F. // dig;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p15
A word game about the Pazyryk is presented.
- Culture and Arts. // Russia Country Review;2010, p156
The article offers information on the cultural identities of Russia, including its music, art, literature, and cuisine.
- Ancient Scythian horsemen. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;May/Jun95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p64
Describes the Earthwatch project about ancient Scythian horsemen and Classical archaeology led by Valeri Guliaev which will take place in Ostrogozhsk, Russia. Activities; Field conditions; Costs.
- The Ipatovo kurgan on the North Caucasian Steppe (Russia). Belinskij, Andrej B.; Kalmykov, Alexej A. // Antiquity;Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 286, p773
No abstract available.
- Ancient Scythian horsemen. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p65
Describes the Earthwatch project led by Dr. Valeri Guliaev on classical archaeology which will take place in Ostrogozhsk, Russia. Excavation of the burial mounds of the Scythians.