Texas DOT May Get More Cash as Locals Move to Toll Roads
- Texas' Perry Stumps for Highway Bonds to Speed Up Projects and Lower Price. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p6
Reports on ballot initiatives to use bonds for highway projects in Texas. Creation of highways with pay-as-you-go financing; System of highway funding in Texas.
- Colorado, W. Virginia governors call for highway bonds. Preston, Darrell; Meisler, Dan // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p4
States that governors in Colorado and West Virginia have used their state addresses as platforms to call for new bonds to help continue and accelerate their state's highway construction plans. Colorado Governor Bill Owens' plan to abandon the state's pay-as-you-go method of funding highway;...
- As Southwest Resumes Business, It Uncovers Some Costly Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p1
Reports the approval of big bond packages by city and state governments despite the possibility of economic recession in the United States. Impact of the terrorist attack on the World; Passage of the final ballot language for a general obligation bond referendum; Use of the bond for road projects.
- Kyle council takes up bond package. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 19, p3A
The article informs that the members of Kyle council will use financial bonds for financing a road development project.
- Texas County to Sell Pass-Through Toll Debt to Aid Highway Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p3
The article reports that Grayson County, Texas will go to the market on January 18, 2007 with an offering of $64.5 million of pass-through toll revenue and limited-tax bonds. The financing will accelerate construction of an expansion of state Highway 289. The deal marks one of a few similar...
- Arkansas leaders push first highway bonds in 50 years. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p6
Reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's effort to convince voters to approve $575 million of bonds for highways. Use of pay-as-you-go funding for road projects; Use of the proceeds from the sale of bonds.
- ARIZONA: Gilbert Kicks Off Road Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32739, p9
The article reports on a special election of a proposal for $174 million of road construction bonds on November 6, 2007 in Gilbert, Arizona. The bonds would be supported by the Phoenix suburb's secondary property tax of $1.15 per $100 of evaluated valuation. If approved, the bond would raise the...
- Ohio Turnpike on the road to another $1.5B in bonds. // Roads & Bridges;Apr2013, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the move by the Ohio House of Representatives to approve a plan proposed by Governor John Kasich that will allow the Ohio Turnpike Commission to borrow 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in bonds for highway projects.
- WEST VIRGINIA: Lawmakers Weigh Road Bonds. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p9
The article focuses on the possibility that West Virginia lawmakers may decide to sell bonds to bolster an ailing state road fund. Officials estimate that the state's road system will require $287 million in additional revenue despite a $1.1 billion budget that includes matching federal highway...