Random House Congratulates Itself On Year Of Growth And Accolades
- RH Has Strong Finish. // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the strong sales performance of publishing company Random House (RH) during the 2003 Christmas holiday season. Contribution of the point-of-sale information at RH major accounts to the sales; Improvements in the market share of RH.
- The book on Bertelsmann. Perman, Stacy; Sachs, Andrea; Salz-Trautman, Peggy // Time;4/6/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 13, p54
Discusses the acquisition of Random House by German media company Bertelsmann AG, making Bertelsmann the leader in United States publishing. Comments from company officials, including Thomas Middelhoff, who engineered the deal just six months before officially stepping into the chief executive...
- Tesco takes on literary big guns. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);6/20/2007, p15
The article reports on the launch of a range of branded books by Tesco PLC that will be sold online and in its 750 stores in Great Britain. The company has also established the Tesco Book Club in partnership with publisher Random House Inc. In addition, it cites that the decision of Tesco to...
- Random House Continues to Lead the Pack. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the consideration of Random House as the top consumer book publisher. Success of Dan Brown's mystery 'The Da Vinci Code'; Sales of Penquin Group; Publishing programs in major English-speaking markets.
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- Sluggish Start for Big Houses. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 35, p5
The article reports that worldwide sales at the five largest trade publishers in the U.S. increased up to 0.5 percent in the first half of 2008. It also adds that the growth is lower than the three percent increase in bookstore sales for the first six months of 2008, as reported by the U.S....