NetLibrary Will Continue Expanding Despite Change In Plan To Go Public
- NetLibrary's Star Dims And Rovia's Climbs As E-Textbooks Struggle To Find A Virtual Niche. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p1
Presents updates on electronic book publishers netLibrary in Boulder, Colorado and Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Rovia, as of November 12, 2001.
- NetLibrary formally axes free conversions. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p27
Reports that online publishing company NetLibrary has terminated its free conversion policy on January 12, 2001.
- It's Crunch Time at NetLibrary. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
Features the NetLibrary, an electronic online reference service for libraries. Total amount of royalties paid to publishers participating in its online program; Advantages over other online electronic-book providers; Company history. INSET: Report from the Field: NetLibrary at NC State.
- From Atoms to Bits: The E-Volution of the Book. Pace, Andrew K. // Computers in Libraries;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p64
Offers a look at the growing popularity of e-books and predicts developments that will take place in the industry. Predictions that by 2010 e-book sales will outsell printed books; The advantage of collecting e-book titles; The role that companies like netLibrary can play in acquiring and...
- NetLibrary Woes. // School Library Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the financial trouble facing electronic book provider netLibrary as of November 2001. Attributions to the losses; Cost control being implemented by the firm; Background on the company.
- E-book mania: PC-based products jostle the bandwagon. Edwards, Steve; Votsch, Victor; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jun99, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p9
Features the offerings of six electronic book (e-book) vendors. Includes Glassbook company's development of reader software; J-Stream company's software for e-book security; NetLibrary company's subscription based online library of e-books. INSETS: Clio and Tripad bridge the gap between...
- NetLibrary Launches Partnership with Amigos. // Information Today;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p38
Reports on the partnership between netLibrary Inc. and Amigos Library Services Inc. regarding share electronic book resources. The agreement for Amigos to acquire e-book collections from netLibrary and distribute them through Amigos' member libraries network; Other specifics of the deal.
- netLibrary, Blackboard Reach E-Learning Agreement. // Information Today;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p42
Announces the partnership of netLibrary, Inc. and Blackboard, Inc. Integration of netLibrary's electronic textbooks with Blackboard's software for electronic learning; Features of the software; Development of an Internet gateway from the Blackboard Resource Center to the netLibrary electronic...
- NetLibrary to Acquire Peanutpress.com. // Information Today;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p50
Reports on a agreement reached by NetLibrary to acquire peanutpress.com, a distributor of literature for reading on hand-held computer devices. Background of the companies; The different paths that the companies have taken in terms of content development; Contact information.