Investors Get Chance To Show 'Lots Of Patience' As Hungry Minds' Sales Slump
- Sales Drop Again at Hungry Minds. // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 36, p19
Reports the decrease in the third period sales of Hungry Minds. Estimation of the decrease; Percentage of drop in total revenues; Expectations on the closure of the acquisition of Hungry Minds by John Wiley.
- Newly Minted Hungry Minds Has Earnings Dip. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p10
Reports that IDG Books has changed its name to Hungry Minds Inc. Decline in the net income of the company for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2000; Decrease in sales in the consumer side; Expectations of the executives on fiscal 2001.
- At Newly Named Company--Formerly IDGB--Books Are Just The Beginning. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the renaming of the company IDG Books Worldwide into HungryMinds, designed to reflect its expansion beyond books into the realm of 'continuous content.' Plans to take content from nonfiction brands to consumers through Web sites, email and a online university; Inspiration of name...
- Wiley Credits Hungry Minds Buy With Market Share Gains For 2003 In Travel, Cookbooks and Computers. // Book Publishing Report;6/23/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the impact that book publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. has had on the former's financial performance in fiscal year 2003.
- JOHN WILEY BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 28, p4
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics. It includes the percent of revenue generated by professional or trade division in fiscal 2001 and 2006, amount contributed by Hungry Minds to John Wiley sales in 2002, and the percent of book revenue generated by new or revised titles...
- FOLLOW-UP OF PULMONARY NODULES: FOLLOWING THE FLEISCHNER RADIOLOGY GUIDELINES. Selvaraj, S.; Parry, L.; Garbett, K.; McAdam, J.; Naicker, T. R.; Srinivasan, K. S.; Moudgil, H. // Thorax;Dec2011 Supplement, pA131
Background 0.1% of chest films and 1% of chest CT show incidental pulmonary nodule(s). While some of these are acted on immediately, others are followed up where the nodules are small and there are no risk factors (never smokers, age <35 years, other malignancies). Fleischner Society recommends...
- No Quick Fix at Hungry Minds. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Offers a look at the financial performance of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Factors which contributed to the sales loss; Plan to reduce Internet initiatives.
- The Old College Try. Baar, Aaron; Norton, Justin M.; Fromm, Emily // Adweek New England Edition;04/24/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p148
Focuses on the advertising campaign of HungryMinds.com Web site. Information on the Web site; Concept of the campaign.
- Hungry Minds feasts on licensing. Scally, Robert // License!;Jan2002, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the licensing agreements made by Hungry Minds Inc., publisher of the 'For Dummies' book series, for various items featuring the book series in the U.S. as of January 2002. Reason office products fit well with the For Dummies series; Estimated number of licensees of the For Dummies...