Applying The Lessons Of The Competitive-Pricing Demonstrations
- Move insurance equity, the uninsured to top of agenda. // Modern Healthcare;1/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p32
Editorial. Comments on United States President Bill Clinton's `Age of Possibility' address which focuses on healthcare reform. Threat of Clinton to veto any bill that didn't guarantee every American; Need for legislation to increase insurance equity.
- Israel--a health system in transition. Israeli, Avi; Ashkenazi, Yael; Chinitz, David // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on medical care reform, based on a version of managed competition, in Israel. Health care scenario prior to 1948; Passing of the National Health Insurance Law in mid-1994; Medical care finance; Preventive care; Primary and secondary care; Medical education and licensing.
- The Clinton health-care prescription: Defying common sense. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;2/7/94, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on United States President Bill Clinton's declaration that he will veto any health-care legislation that does not guarantee universal coverage. Stage set for the nation's health care debate; Premise behind the plan; Lack of support for the President's assumption of a health...
- Bending a promise. Duffy, Michael; Johnson, Julie // Time;6/27/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 26, p37
Suggests that as President Bill Clinton softens his stance on universal health coverage he may be getting close to bargaining it away. Clinton's initial statement that everything but universal coverage was up for compromise; His indication last week that he might accept a slower transition to...
- Parties ponder their election-year moves. Aston, Geri // AHA News;8/05/96, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p3
Reports on views presented at a hearing convened by Democratic lawmakers to discuss the Republican Party's Medicare plans and to seek advice for the Democratic Party's platform. Recommended changes by Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala; Comments by Spencer Foreman, president of...
- Healthcare history lessons. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;4/14/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p16
No abstract available.
- Medicare details expected. // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p2
Reports that the US House of Representatives has been expected to release its legislative details of its Medicare reform agenda.
- Congress will craft new Medicare policy. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on possible changes in Medicare policy under the 105th Congress that could affect urology practice in the United States. Protection of the rights of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in managed care plans to access specialty care and information; Outlawing of gag clauses in managed care...
- Medicare: the end of an era? Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2003, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p30
Comments on legislative proposals to reform Medicare in the U.S. Provision on competition between traditional fee-for-service Medicare and alternative private Medicare managed care plans; Shortcomings of the traditional Medicare model; Proposed changes in Medicare eligibility.