In over our heads?
- The benefits of data integration: HFMA study findings. Herr, Wendy // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p52
Looks at a study by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) which assessed the benefits of integrating clinical and financial data in integrated healthcare delivery systems. Purchase of software, strict adherence to industry standards for electronic data interchange and data...
- Opening the Vault. Fischer, Peter // Software Magazine;April/May2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p24
Lists ways to solve the information integration problem. Functions of integrated data access environments; Focus of data integration hubs; Role of XML. INSET: Products, Products, Products.
- Planning for the Unthinkable: IT Contingencies. Davis, Charles K. // National Forum;Winter2001, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p4
Examines the significance of planning for information technology (IT) contingencies. Information on disaster recovery planning; Practices in contingency planning; Need for contingency planners to plan for the mobilization of disaster recovery teams during an emergency.
- Focusing on people side of data equation. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;06/07/99, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p46
Discusses the significance of the information technology to the health care industry. Views on the information system; Problem in handling data in the industry; Importance of empowering the people as part of warehousing healthcare data.
- Greater mobility. Church, Lee // PC Week;2/19/96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, pE3
Discusses how providers of home health-care services can take full advantage of current information technology. Structured clinical information set; Evaluation of tools for data mining nad statistical reporting.
- DISTRIBUTED DATA PROCESSING: A viable tool in the manager's future? Hall, Stuart P. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb78, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p26
Describes the procedures for distributed data processing (DDP). Use of DDP in middle management; Advantages of distributing hardware; Development of a working knowledge of DDP fundamentals and the hardware involved; Implications for industrial management.
- In search of better router management. McConnell, John // Business Communications Review;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p39
Presents ways to find a router that meets the computer networking needs in management. Application of network design; Incorporation of System Network Architecture (SNA) traffic within the Internet; Managing remote routers; Complexity of internets.
- Manager's bulletin board. // InfoWorld;3/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p64
Presents news development related to computer applications in management in the United States, as of March 10, 1997. Includes the projection on the increase in smart card usage; New York City's demand of a payroll software solution.
- MANAGEMENT IMPLICATIONS OF EDP INSTALLATIONS. Shields, Robert C. // Industrial Management;Nov77, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the management implications of computer installation. Cost effectiveness of electronic data processing; Accuracy of accounting procedures; Range of electronic data processing activities.