Release the power of your PA
- Great expectations. Miller, Carol A.; Vincent, Wesley A. // Secretary;Aug/Sep94, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the survey on secretary/manager relationship. Ranking of secretaries skills and attributes by managers; Ranking of skills and attributes of managers by secretaries.
- Personal Assistants are managers--or are they? Robinson, Graham // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct2000, Issue 22, p34
Asserts that personal assistants and secretaries who are being used effectively have considerable organizational authority. Nature of the roles of assistants and secretaries; Mangers' perceptions of assistants.
- Five Things I Hate About You. // OfficePro;Oct99, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p7
Lists solutions to assistants' and managers' complaints about each other.
- OS TIPOS COMPORTAMENTAIS DOS EXECUTIVOS E A POSTURA DO PROFISSIONAL DE SECRETARIADO. Fontanella, Rosane // GeSec: Revista de Gestao e Secretariado;jul-dez2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p79
After the technological revolution and globalization, many professions have had an up and, consequently, they were forced to adapt to the new reality. Within this new reality, the profile of the secretarial professional evolved and developed a path of struggles and victories, changing...
- The U. N. Secretary-General Needs Breathing Space. Nam Jeong-ho // Korea Focus;Spring2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p23
The author reflects on the need for the United Nations (UN) general-secretary Ban Ki-moon to balance his work and attitude in dealing with his fellow Koreans. According to the author, the general secretary needs to balance these things to avoid criticism of being surrounded by Koreans. The...
- The power of the `secretarial' force. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p58
States that according to the results of a survey conducted by OfficeTeam, executives believe that their secretaries have more influence on business decision which are made in the 1990s that in 1985. Factors which has contributed to the greater influence of the secretary; Comments from Diane...
- Office assistants: Greater productivity, greater rewards? Stone, Florence // Management Review;May95, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the new responsibilities of secretaries in the United States. Delegation of authority as a result of downsizing; Assignment of responsibilities as test of manager's delegation skills; Persistence of stereotypes; Guidelines for managers to help their secretaries.
- The explosive growth of the secretarial profession. Falcone, Paul // Secretary;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the growth of the secretarial profession in the United States. Factors that affected the profession's growth; Factors affecting secretaries' career development.
- A bridge to many opportunities. Johnson, Daisy M. // Secretary;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p3
Opinion. Argues about how secretaries can use their skills to own their own business. Reason for studying for the Certified Professional Secretary designation; Establishment of WrightPerfect Secretarial & Resume Services; What provides information about developments in the secretarial and...