Guidance on protective gear
- Health and safety. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on different health and safety rules in employment at Great Britain. Amount of money fined for an accident occurred Balfour Beatty construction site; Whitbread Inn's changes in employee assistance program; Unipart's employee health and fitness center; Leaflets on workplace safety.
- Health and safety. // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p10
Presents news developments related to health and safety regulations in Great Britain. Fining of Berdfordshire County Council for breaching health and safety legislation; Health problems that concern managers most; Caution from the Health and Safety Executive regarding claims from advertisers...
- Calls for EU safety campaigns. // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the report issued by the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work concerning common problems in member states. Need on the practical implementation of legislation in businesses; Plans of member states to introduce financial incentives and training to improve health and safety.
- Safety incentives show concern for workers' health. McIntyre, Kathryn J. // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p61
Opinion. Discusses the objections of some employees to the protective gear that employees in the United States, are requesting employees to wear, while suggesting that employees should exhibit concern for the health and safety of employees. Reason for the objections; Indication that if...
- Contractors find savings in workplace safety. Miodonski, Bob; Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p25
Discusses the profitability of safety in the contracting industry, and on the economic savings experienced by Tweet/Garot, as a result of its safety program. Factors which contractors should consider when examining the profitability of safety; Indirect costs of accidents resulting in worker...
- Safety: Emergency response, hazmat & personal protection. // Government Product News;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on various safety solutions introduced for the government workforce. Information on NightSight thermal imagers donated by Texas Instruments company; Installation of Pro Copper Seats at the Atlantic Police Department; How the Ladder Help-Mate bracket functions.
- The paper trail of industrial safety. Rosas, Alan L.; Salamon, Kenneth J. // Business Mexico;May1994, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the workplace regulations in the United States and Mexico. Methods of implementation and enforcement of the regulations; Commissions as Mexico's second mechanism for ensuring safety and hygiene standards; Article 123 of Mexico Constitution; Inspection procedures; Method to target...
- How can you measure the value of loss control? Moscicki, Rick // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p3
Discusses the need for a proper method of measuring the value of safety and loss control of individual workplace practices. Questions on performance measurement by chief financial officers and budget committee; Key reasons for the inadequate measurement by safety professions; Need for the...
- CONGRATULATIONS SAFETY AWARD WINNERS. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Presents a chart depicting the industrial safety award winners in South Carolina as of April 2003.