Skills gap now `critical' say bosses
- The Current Situation in the Sphere of Employment and the Prospects for Forming a Labor Market in Russia. Sosnovskaia, L. // Problems of Economic Transition;Nov94, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the status of employment and the prospect of the formation of a labor market in Russia. Objective logic of development of society; Adoption of anti-inflation measures; Conversion of enterprises to joint stock.
- Labor markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr97, p12
Looks at trends in the labor market in the United States. Slowdown in employment growth; Increase in average hourly earnings in nonfarm jobs; Reduction of jobs in the construction industry; Government's cutback in payrolls.
- State employment patterns. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr97, p15
Focuses on employment patterns in the United States. Pattern of widespread growth from January 1996 to January 1997; Balance in regional distribution of growth; Indicator of regional labor market conditions.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov98, p10
Discusses the condition of the labor markets in the United States. Status of most employment indicators; Increase in nonfarm payrolls; Employment growth in business services; Implication of the accelerated growth in the employment cost index.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul99, p11
Provides information on the condition of the labor markets in the United States. Number of jobs lost by the manufacturing industry since March 1998; Factor to which the declining employment among goods producers is attributed; Overall employment prospects for the workforce.
- Regional Conditions. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov99, p13
Reports on developments related to employment in the United States as of November 1999. Decline of employment rate in the transportation equipment industry; Construction of new automobile equipment plants; Statistics on transportation equipment industry employment.
- Labor Market Trends. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2000, p12
Presents an update on labor market trends in the United States as of September 2000. Industries with the largest share of employment; Decline of railroad employment; Growth of high technology industry employment.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2002, p12
No abstract available.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2003, p12
Reports on news and developments in the United States labor markets. Net loss of nonfarm employment in May 2003; Job losses in the manufacturing sector; Growth of employment in service-producing industries.
- Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population by age, sex, and race. // Employment & Earnings;Jan1997, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p20
Presents statistics on the employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population in the United States for December 1995 to December 1996, arranged by age, sex and race.