- Alaska's FY-02 State Budget: Magical, Mystical Numbers. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Presents the General Fund budget made by Governor Tony Knowles to state legislators in Alaska. Programs proposed with the increased budget; Description of the off budget funding; Proposal of the legislature to reveal the sources of all funding and the actual size of the Operating Budget.
- Knowles Moves To Close State's Budget Gap. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;02/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p18
Unveils the plan of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles to fill the budget gap from harming schools and other public services. Steps proposed by Knowles to deal with the problem.
- Knowles Releases 'Jobs and Families' FY02 Budget. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles has unveiled his proposed budget for the fiscal year 2002. Cost-effective way to meet the needs of Alaska's growing population and economy; Percentage increase in the budget compared to past decade; Basic goals of the budget.
- Cheap oil, higher taxes. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the budget deficit facing Alaska as a result of low oil prices. Proposals from Alaskan Governor Tony Knowles to address the problem; Comment from Republican House Speaker Brian Porter.
- Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p5
Reports the criticism on the budget plan proposed by the lawmakers by Governor Tony Knowles during the Alaska's legislative session. Criticism on irrelevant reduction of expenditures; Demand for sources of revenue in the budget plan; Criticisms after analysis of proposed cuts of Senate Finance...
- News tidbits. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Jul96, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p11
Reports on news and developments concerning human resources. Includes the increase in the number of Americans seeking first-time unemployment insurance; Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' call for a special legislative session after lawmakers failed to pass a balanced budget; Georgia-Pacific Corp.'s...
- Legislative update. // Education Week;6/14/95, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Presents an update of legislative action concerning educational budgets filed in different states for the week ending June 14, 1995. Highlights of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' and Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's budget plans.
- Alaska Governor Proposes Income Tax to End Dependence on Oil. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p27
Focuses on the income tax plans of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles to improve the financial condition of the state. Provisions of the plans regarding stabilization of finances and state's dependence on oil taxes; Tax hikes proposed by Knowles; Reasons behind opposition of the plan by the...
- ALASKA: Fishing for Business. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p35
Reports that Alaska's governor Tony Knowles has proposed to spend on the state's commercial fishing and tourism industries. Contributions of fishing and tourism industry in generating revenues; Cause of the problem faced by the fishing industry; Plans of Knowles to promote the two industries.