More Than A Fashion Plate
- Wireless helps boost telecom spending. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the benefit of wireless technology to telecommunication industry spending, according to a study. Increase in telecommunication equipment purchases in 2004; Predicted growth of the industry from 2005 through 2008; Other factors that will affect the growth of the equipment market.
- Look No Further For Truly Useful Wireless Gifts. Lowenstein, Mark // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p14
Focuses on wireless communication products and services in the U.S. as of December 16, 2002. Privacy in calling through wireless phones; Capability of a wireless phone with brain recognition technology; Key features of the UBER Phone.
- Products. // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p40
Evaluates several telecommunications and wireless communications products. Functions of the flexible distributed radio head solution released by Allgon; Features of the High Dielectric Antennas from Antenova; Description of the Water Contact Indicator Tape 5557 from the Engineered Adhesives...
- tools. // Wireless Asia;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p28
Reports on developments related to wireless communication equipment and supplies as of October 2002. Intel's introduction of its Banias mobile PC platform; Inclusion of support for Microsoft's Windows CE operating system in the Dragonball system of Motorola; First Hop's introduction of its...
- Not just for troubleshooting. Zarem, Hal // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p82
Discusses how repeaters can help reduce costs of operating wireless communication networks. Cheaper and simpler site acquisition; Absence of backhaul costs; Reduction of capital equipment cost; Wireless network planning; Repeater used to fill coverage hole. INSET: Repeater standards..
- New products. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p70
Features some wireless products. Wireless LAN products; Travel kit; Software; LAN PC card; SAW filter; Risk management solution; Antenna testing solution; Digital-to-analog converter; Tower-top amplifiers; Messaging service; Antennas; Compact angle adapters; Surge protection packaging;...
- New products. // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p77
Introduces new wireless communication tools and systems. Includes the model 2026Q multisource signal generator from Marconi Instrument; PineCell wireless phone antenna from FWT; FRX450 UHF fiberglass omnidirectional antenna from Cushcraft; Wavetek 4100Ss mobile phone tester from Wavetek. ...
- Building your house of cards. Jensen, Ellen // Wireless Review;04/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p52
Features a variety of products designed to improve wireless communication coverage. Base-station products; Repeaters; Smart-antenna technology; Filter systems; Equipment purchases by Bell Atlantic Mobile and other carriers. INSETS: The nitty gritty.;exhibit of Lucent's DSP in Atlanta.
- New products. // Wireless Review;04/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p78
Features a variety of wireless communication products. Phone prototypes; Pager; Modem; Internet suite; Corrugated cable.