Thomson Learning Plans E-University with Universitas 21
- Thomson Learning Partners with Universitas 21 on Global e-University Venture. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2001, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p17
Informs on the plans of Thomson Learning, a provider of lifelong learning information, to develop and deliver online learning materials for the growing global e-education market with Universitas 21, an international network of 18 universities in ten countries. Terms of the agreement.
- Thomson Learning, Universitas 21 to develop e-university. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/27/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p11
Reports that the Thomson Learning of Stamford, Connecticut is planning to develop and deliver online learning materials with an international network of regarded universities named Universitas 21. Terms of the agreement which will be subject to diligence review; Distance learning market outside...
- THE TRANSCRIPT. // University Business;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p13
Presents an update on U.S. higher education as of December 2001. Number of electronic degree programs from the University of Phoenix, offered through America Online; Rise in tuition at public and private colleges and universities; Cost of U21global, the joint venture between Thomson Learning...
- Thomson to Develop Global E-university Courses. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on the agreement between Thomson Learning and Universitas 21 consortium to develop distance-learning higher education and advanced training courses and materials to be delivered online. Terms of the agreement; Information on the courses to be developed; Goal of Thomson; Universities...
- CompuServe tries to wow families. // Consumer Reports;Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p8
Discusses Wow!, a family-oriented online service introduced by CompuServe. Various services provided for adults and children; Reasons for considering the product; Contact point.
- site geist. // Information World Review;Dec2000, Issue 164, p84
Provides news on the online information services industry as of December 2000. Digital Freedom Network's contest entitled Foil the Filters; Information on Brave New World, a Web site about children's health conditions.
- Managing Electronic Content Logjams. Jacobs, Leslie // Online;May/Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p60
Deals with managing electronic content logjams which pose a problem to information content deployers and vendors in the U.S. Examples of the problems caused by electronic content logjams; Reason behind the occurrence of electronic content logjams; Discussion on how the information content...
- What You Really, Really Want is to be On-line. Plunket, Paddy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p42
Explores the results of a library survey of members' information needs in New Zealand. Percentage of respondents using an Information Service Provider as a means of keeping up-to-date with professional matters; Percentage of respondents wanting training in on-line information retrieval and...
- Identity crisis. Cook, Bob // Modern Physician;Jul99, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p44
Cites that providing marketers with personal information is the price doctors have to pay for free online services. Reasons for physician-centered sites ask for personal information; What the concept `permission marketing' means; Importance of permission marketing.