InPhonic Launches New Division
- EBay bidding wireless will buy profits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the deployment of the patent-pending, two-way short message service technology of InPhonic Inc. in tandem with eBay for the service called Wireless Rebidding for eBay subscribers. Monthly fee for the service; Similar service offered by Nextel Communications Inc.; Inbound rebidding...
- INPHONIC OFFERS PORTING AID. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the launch of a consumer web site by InPhonic, an internet-based distributor of wireless services and products designed to ease the process of switching carriers in relation to the transition to wireless local number portability. Information about services and devices by carrier or...
- Pushing 110 mph on the Superhighway. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p32
Features Washington, D.C.-based InPhonic Inc., recipient of the 2005 "Wireless Week" magazine's Retail Strategies Excellence Award. Actions taken by the company to eliminate the exasperation of consumers and telecommunications service providers; Information on the company's Internet platform;...
- Southern Linc deploys InPhonic's e-mail solution. // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the licensure by Southern Linc, the wireless communications subsidiary of Southern Co., of the Wireless Gateway e-mail access solution developed by InPhonic Inc. Business operations of Southern Linc; Information on the e-mail access solution.
- WIRELESS FIRMS ENJOY SUMMER FUN-DING. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/18/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 15, p12
Presents survey results on venture capital invested in wireless telecommunication in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2003. Financing received by InPhonic Inc.; Development of an enterprise call management platform by SoloMio Corp.; Investment made Fidelity Ventures Limited in Airespace Inc.
- InPhonic snares $5M equity investment from Brightstar. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p16
The article reports on the plan of mobile telephone distributor Brightstar Corp. to make equity investment in Washington-based online retailer of wireless products and services, InPhonic Inc. Brightstar will purchase about 2.5% of InPhonic's outstanding shares and acquire the retailer's...
- Point.com gets investment from staples. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p18
Reports on Internet retailer Wireless Dimension's decision to change its name and Web site address to Point.com in an effort to communicate the company's goal of helping customers get to the point of smart wireless phone purchases.
- Smaller Players In 'Merge-Or-Die' Frenzy. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p20
Reports on the merger between small wireless companies in the U.S.. Reasons for the merger deals; Views on the consolidation between Webraska and AirFlash; Companies acquired by InPhonic; Aim of the deals. INSET: Some Recent Deals.
- InPhonic upgrades BREW e-mail applications. // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p29
Announces the move of InPhonic Inc. to release an upgrade to its eMail InMotion software application for Qualcomm's BREW wireless communication systems platform. Features of the application software.