IP Joins Metricom
- Out With The `Old Ugly.'. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;06/07/99, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p7
Presents views on discounting in the telecommunication industry in the United States. Information on the communications bill of David Sibley, a Texas legislator; Impact of discounting to competition in the industry; Plan of IP Communications for 1999.
- In the shadowlands of data. SWEENEY, DANIEL // America's Network;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on enterprises that are operating in an unlicensed telecommunication spectrum. Debate on local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) networks; Reason for the attractiveness of unlicensed spectra; Business plan of the Metricom company.
- Briefly. // Telephony;11/27/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 22, p108
Presents news briefs about the telecommunications industry in the United States as of November 27, 2000. Company that will use the equipment and services of MFN to complement a fiber optic network; Information of Cosine's MTU Internet Protocol service delivery platform; Expansion of IP...
- Wireless Knowledge makes headway. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/31/99, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p20
Deals with the partnership of Wireless Knowledge and Metricom. Goal of Metricom; Two services offered by Wireless Knowledge; Evidence of growth of both companies.
- Brooklyn Union Units To Market Ricochet Wireless Modem. // American Gas;Jun97, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the partnership between KeySpan energy marketing firms and Metricom Inc. in the U.S. Marketing of Ricochet Wireless modem; Investment in building the infrastructure for wireless modem; Generation of revenue.
- FCC OKs Metricom's WCS equipment. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p37
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's approval of Metricom Inc.'s WCS Wired Access Points equipment.
- Metricom's Assets Auctioned Off. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p6
Reports that the assets of wireless data provider Metricom Inc. were sold at auction. Estimated value of Metricom's spectrum; Number of subscribers to Metricom's Ricochet service; Major investors in the company.
- Sierra Wireless Feels The Burn. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the impact of the bankruptcy of wireless data pioneer Metricom Inc. on wireless modem and personal computer (PC) card maker Sierra Wireless. Third-generation PC cards to be shipped by Sierra by the end of 2001; Revenue and net loss expected by Sierra for the second quarter of 2001;...
- Metricom rejects Aerie offer. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p19
Reports that Metricom Inc. rejected an offer from Aerie Networks for the acquisition of Metricom's assets.