Prepaid Subs Shop Online
- China Hits No. 1. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals that China has taken the position of the United States as the world's largest wireless phone market. Increase in the number of wireless phone users in China as of the end of July 2001; Estimated ratio of Americans that use mobile phones.
- A marriage of convenience: Where Wi-Fi & mobile merge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the global efforts to merge mobile and Wi-Fi services. Benefits to customers; Elements of the convergence; Details of roaming between mobile and Wi-Fi networks.
- Nation briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p14
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the United States wireless communications industry. Includes Telstreet.com's online offering of wireless phones, service and accessories; Winstar Communications Inc.'s offering of data and Internet services; Strategy.com's launched of a beta...
- Digest briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p24
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the wireless communications industry. Includes the financial performance of LHS Group Inc. for the third quarter of 1999; Glenayre Technologies Inc.'s third-quarter net loss; Paging carrier Teletouch Communications Inc.'s net loss for the first...
- Under The Radar. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p38
Reports that the emerging global packet radio service and CDMA2000 1X networks will push the so-called m-commerce along even faster. Factor that kept m-commerce from finding success; Forecasted mobile payments for goods and services in 2006; Major carriers that have integrated some kind of...
- European PTTs attracted to small U.S. GSM carriers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the interest of European Post Telephone and Telegraph (PTT) administrators in small Global System for Mobile (GSM) Communications carriers in the United States. PTT's view of Omnipoint and VoiceStream as key possibilities for a wireless entry strategy into the US; Other US GSM...
- 3G spectrum remains elusive. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p18
Assesses the state of third-generation (3G) wireless systems in the U.S. as of March 17, 2003. Obstacles faced by the wireless industry in securing 3G spectrum; Efforts of the cellular phone industry to recover spectrum from mobile satellite operators and television broadcasters; Key impediment...
- HK cellcos defeat SARS, price cuts to return black. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the recovery of the mobile communication market in Hong Kong. Challenges faced by the market in 2003; Improved financial results of SmarTone Communications and Sunday Communications; Plans of Peoples Telephone to raised funds by March 2004.
- Calling all cell phones. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on push-to-talk (P2T) over cellular technology (PoC). Ability of the technology to allow end-users to broadcast to closed groups; Features of Phase 1 of IP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem; Capacity requirements for PoC. INSET: PoC acronym guide.